“Veganism is not a sacrifice. It is a joy.” -Gary L. Francione
Life is best lived with qualities like respect, dignity, and compassion when it is shared with other species. Veganism is something which has taken everyone with storms since the day it was introduced to each and every one of us due to its noble thought. However, giving up on poultry, dairy and animal products wouldn’t mean that you have to give up on the scrumptious delicacies. Rather vegan delicacies and some snack items are packed with flavour, are healthy, easy to make, and budget-friendly. Often while throwing a party, we tend to overlook the “non-cruel” preferences of the vegan people and end up creating some moments full of ignorant smirks and embarrassments. To save you from this entire awkward scenario, we came up to suggest 5 awesome vegan party sweets and snack recipes. Make sure to take a note of these and to try it the next time while being the host/hostess of a party.
Vegan Tomato Flatbread – a yummy party snack
- 350 g pizza dough of your choice
- 2-3 tbsp tahini
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 500 g/18 oz tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped herbs
- salt, pepper
- Start by preheating the oven at 250°C/480ºF.
- Roll your pizza dough into the desired shape. Further, transfer it to the baking sheet.
- Layer the bread with tahini and sprinkle with minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place the tomato slices in a layer and then top it up with pine nuts.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes until the pizza dough turns golden brown in colour. Sprinkle some herbs, and your vegan tomato flatbread is ready to be served.
Chickpea bruschetta with sun-dried tomatoes – much loved by all vegan people!
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 baguette or rustic bread
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 tsp fine salt, or according to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Mash chickpeas and add parsley, extra virgin olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut the baguette in the shape of a garlic bread slice – or diagonally to speak of. Pour some of the mixtures on each of these sliced bread.
- Sprinkle some garlic, extra parsley and olive oil on top of it. Your bruschettas are ready to be served.
- Vegan cake – if you can’t bake it you can place your vegan yet eggless cake online order Bangalore or whichever place that you are residing in, within a few clicks.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Start by preheating the oven at 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C.
- Grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan and keep it aside.
- Sieve flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Further add oil, vanilla, vinegar and water. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F/ 175 degrees C for 45 minutes. Your vegan cake is ready to be served.
Vegan Nachos Cheesy Kale Chips – partying is equivalent to munching!
- 2 bunches curly kale
- 2 cups cashews soaked for 2 hours
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- Juice of 1 lemon 2 – 3 tablespoons
- 3/4 cup water
- Take a mixing bowl and pour kale into it.
- Also, add the other ingredients into the blender until it all blends into a smooth consistency.
- Further pour the cheese sauce over the kale and mix it with your hands.
- Heat the oven to 225ºF and spread the kale on two baking sheets wherein one doesn’t overlap the other chip. Bake for about 90 minutes.
- Once it cools down it will be crispy and you can go ahead to serve it to your guests.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries – what’s even a party without some fries. Right?
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4-inch sticks
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven at 450°F and meanwhile soak the potatoes in a large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Pat dry it and drizzle some olive oil.
- Spread the fries in an even layer on the baking racks/sheets and bake for 30 to 38 minutes.
- Your fries are ready to be served. You can sprinkle some fresh herbs, red pepper flakes or serve it with some ketchup.