The trend is exploding and the interest in growing. Yes, here we are talking about the most effective and productive marketing techniques for the competitive business world. We are talking about influencers marketing. If you take an insight into the statistics of Google Trends, you are certain to get a clear indication that gradually brands and marketers are increasing their budget and expenses for influencer marketing.
Amidst this growing popularity what stay in limelight is micro-influencers, the smallest yet the most powerful portion of the marketing ecosystem. Certainly, irrespective of the number of followers a micro-influencer has, what plays magic is the ROI of the marketing campaign through authentic engagement.
To get deeper into the concept, let us learn about running a successful micro-influencer campaign.
Planning and strategizing your campaign is the first and foremost aspect of running a campaign. At this stage you need to understand why you are running the campaign. This simply means what are the goals you want to reach. It can be:
- Brand awareness
- Increased sales
- Improved conversion rate
- Better audience engagement
- Increased social media following
- Higher rates of customer retention
Once you have set your goals, it is important that you choose the social media platform where you want to run the campaign. Every channel has its distinctive reach and unique outcomes. So, know your requirements based on where your target audiences are active and what kind of content they are aspiring to see.
Finding Appropriate Micro-Influencers
Finding the right influencer is the most important aspect of running a successful campaign. This is because these people stand out in the market to represent your brand. To go through an effective search, go through the measures below:
- Analyze who is most powerful and popular amongst your followers
- Use the hashtag research to know who would be interested to know about your business
- Use the most engaging post on Instagram that falls within your brand niche
- Explore local bloggers known for engaging pieces of content on your type of business
- Use the social ranking metrics of shortlisted influencers
- Then there are number of influencer search tools that can help you approach the right influencer
You can even prefer going the other way round by hiring an agency for running your campaign or placing your trust on some of the most renowned platforms like
After all the research, before finalizing the micro-influencer, confirm the following:
- The content is in line with your brand
- How many followers or subscribers does your chosen influencer have
- Analyze their level of engagement and influence in your niche
- Give a deep understanding on the frequency of their posts
- Understand whether they have collaborated with other brands or not earlier
Connecting with Micro-Influencers
It is very important to learn how to connect with influencers. This is because your connection will influence the engagement a micro-influencer will be able to generate with his or her followers. With a healthy connection you are sure to amplify the measure to which you can reach your content and spread your brand voice. Here are some quick tips to work with micro-influencers:
- Send them a direct message on their platform
- You can even connect with them through email
- If they respond discuss your business with them
- Then work on the negotiation part
- Lastly, if satisfied you can create a contract for fruitful association
To have a stronger connection with your chosen micro-influencer, you can also offer free products or services so that they can better understand your business.
Coordinating the Micro-Influencer Campaign
This is again a very important part of the influencer campaign. In the process you should keep the following discussions in mind:
- Firstly, let them know your organizational goals
- Clearly explain them your requirements and mention guidelines to make the campaign successful
- Share your personal opinion with them because you are the one who is well aware about your business and the goals you looking to achieve
- Make sure you discuss with your chosen micro-influencer all the FTC rules and guidelines so that each initiative taken is in alignment with the defined rules
Measuring the Results of Your Micro-Influencer Campaign
Now when you have collaborated with your influencer campaign, then it is important to measure the result at every step. Starting from the first point to the last point till your achieve success with your campaign, make sure you keep a track of all metrics. You should keep a track of the following:
- Keep a track of the changing metrics
- Analyze the amount of sales
- Any innovative or creative measure you think should be infused
Whether the top Facebook influencers, whether popular Instagram influencers, whether You Tube influencers, or any other popular micro-influencers, at every stage it is of utmost importance to stay associated while constantly measuring the success and the ROI of your campaign.
Thanking the Micro-Influencer
To thank your micro-influencer by showing love and respect to them apart from their deserved compensation is a very important aspect of assuring long-term results with your campaigns. You can share your thanks by the following means:
- Send them a thank you email
- Give them free products or services your business deals into
- Send them personal thank you note
Running a campaign goes much beyond these mentioned guidelines and step-by-step guide. However, if meticulously planned and thoughtfully executed, success is sure to come. So, whenever you plan to run a micro-influencer campaign, make sure whatever you do, you keep in mind all the steps and keep integrating the same with latest trends and creative ideas.