To convert a low-resolution image to high-resolution, you’ll need a third-party tool that is popularly known as image upscaler tools. They target to add more pixels so that you get a crystal clear image when zooming in. They follow a concept of increasing the pixel density that is otherwise known as pixels per inch. Suppose your image is 70ppi; these tools will upscale them by bringing this value to 100ppi or even more depending on the rescaling factor.
This article talks about some such tools that will let you upscale your images hassle-free. It also includes a step-by-step guide to let you work on them efficiently.
An Overview of AI Image Enlarger
AI Image Enlarger is a paid tool available on a cloud server to upscale your images and photos. You can use the services for free for a limited time, though. It allows upscaling up to a factor of 8 (in paid versions) and 2 (in free version). You can get the job done within a few seconds. The generated results are stored on the cloud database for 24 hours, letting you download them as many times as you want. enlarge image without losing quality.
Please note that you’ll have to confirm your email address to ensure that only genuine users get started with the tool while signing up. Don’t go for a paid plan unless you’re satisfied with the service. Moreover, ads will be removed with any paid plan (Premium or Enterprise). The Premium plan is suited for small industries and freelancers, whereas the Enterprise version is best for bulk image enlargement.
There’s a limit to upscale an image up to 8x, but you can go higher by rescaling the already upscaled image. Suppose you enlarge an 8x photo twice, it’ll be 16x, but that can introduce noise in the picture. Furthermore, expanding a photo will also increase the file size dramatically, so try not to enlarge it too much.
Below are some notable benefits of opting for AI Image Enlarger:
- You can upscale images online for free with a limit of 10 images per account.
- It automatically takes care of preserving the details while adding pixels to the picture.
- The results get generated quickly and require less involvement from the users.
- It’s available in different languages, including Korean, Japanese, Chinese, English, Dutch, etc.
- There’s no need to stay on the website while the results get generated. Leave the webpage open and continue working on other stuff.
- Users subscribed to a paid plan will get an email alert when the image enhances successfully.
- It’s more convenient to use than other complex tools such as Adobe Photoshop.
- AI Image Enlarger is a simple tool that features a straightforward user interface.
- Even the free version allows ten images to be converted, which is too much as compared to other competitors who give three to five conversions for free.
- The image won’t get distorted after upscaling.
The below-mentioned steps show how to upscale image online using this image upscaler tool:
- Open this website in your web browser https://imglarger.com/
- It requires a compulsory account to proceed. Please sign up and log in if not already done.
- Click on the upload icon on the webpage and upload the photo that you wish to enlarge.
- Make sure that the photo is within the following criteria:
- file size: 5MB (free version) or 10MB (paid versions)
- Maximum height and width: 1200px
- File format: PNG or JPG
- You’ll see the details of your image. Select the scaling factor from the options (2x, 4x, or 8x).
- Hit the “start” button, and your process will begin automatically. Please wait while the results get generated.
- Click on the “Download” button that appears only when the results are ready to download.
- You can come back anytime later within 24 hours and download the image again several times.
- To upscale another image, please repeat the guide.
Apart from AI Image Enlarger, a few more tools can take care of your upscaling requirements. Below are the guides to using them.
Perfect Resize- Step-by-step Guide
The concept of perfect resize is slightly tricky. It’s a standalone app as well as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop. Both are paid, but a free trial is available for 30 days. Here are the steps:
- Open Adobe Photoshop and upload your image that you want to enlarge.
- Go to the “File” menu -> Automate -> Perfect Resize.
- A window on the right will show up.
- In the “Document Size,” please reset the new width and height to enlarge your image.
- Now go to the “File” menu -> Apply.
- If everything went well, you’d notice a rescaled image with increased pixels per inch.
Gimp- Step-by-step Guide
Gimp is a free image upscaler software that can cater to your photo enlargement requirements. Here are the steps below:
- Download the software (200+ MB) from https://www.gimp.org/downloads/
- Install (might take several minutes) and launch the app.
- Open your image in the software and go to image -> Scale Image.
- Change the width and height for the new image. It must be larger than the original values.
- In the “Quality,” set it to “Sinc (Lanczos3)”.
- Hit the “Scale” button.
- The background processing can take some time, depending on your PC configuration.
- You’ll see the updated results directly on the screen.
- Save the file with the “Save As” option.
By the end of this article, we covered one online Image upscaler and two software that will enhance your image and increase the pixel density without losing the quality. The Adobe Photoshop plugin is very expensive, so buy it only when you’re confident. Moreover, purchasing the plugin means you’ll also have to spend money on Adobe Photoshop’s subscription, and you’ll find cheaper alternate tools.
If you don’t want to go for offline software, we recommend opting for a cloud-based tool such as “AI Image Enlarger.” But since you’ll see varying results in different tools, we also suggest trying various services to find the best-suited one.