If you have a reputed grill and need to ensure that it stays protected when not in use, buying an appropriate cover is one of the most viable options. What to look for when buying a perfect cover to wrap the grill. Here is what you need to know.
- The first thing is to know why you need something to wrap your grill in the first place. With the cover on the grill, it stays in a good condition and usable for several years. Even though many people opine that a cover can encourage the formation of rust, it is not true.
- The covers for stainless steel grills should stay covered in between usage to make sure that the chemicals in the lawn do not interact with other elements to destroy and discolor the grill
- Using flannel-lined or felt-lined grill covers encourage rodents to make nests on the fabric, and eventually tear it.
- Covers made from polyester, oil cloth, vinyl, and several other weather-proof materials can last longer.
Questions to ask
Whether you are buying Weber Spirit E 310 Cover or any other brand, a few questions should hover in your mind. Note the questions you should never miss asking when getting a suitable grill cover.
Will it fit the grill?
This is one of the most pertinent questions you need to ask before investing in a grill cover. A cover that does not fit the grill properly will make it exposed to the weather and various other things that can harm the object. Remember that rain can cause the greatest harm to the grill an expose it to rust and corrosion, so be sure to get the measurements properly before buying the cover.
Quality of the cover
When it comes to judging the quality of the grill cover, nothing short of the reputed brands can help. A cheap-quality cover should never be your preference just because it fits your budget. If you need to replace the cover in regular intervals, it will cost you more than the price of the cover of reputed brands, so you need to decide which cover to pick.
Maintaining the grill cover
It is not just how to buy a grill cover you should know but pay attention to the maintenance of the cover as well. Apparently, the cover looks like a simple wipe but requires your time and effort during the maintenance. The following points below help you grab a few maintenance tips.
- Washing the cover is essential to scrape the dust, dirt, debris, mold, and mildew but make sure you are not too harsh when scrubbing it.
- Using appropriate cleaning materials and products is another aspect you should skip as the harsh agents do more harm and affect the durability and longevity of the cover.
- The utensils and leftovers of food often attract pets and insects that infect the cover. So, you need to maintain the equipment to avoid the damages.
- Manual washing of the grill cover is a better option over the machine wash as the latter options destroys the cover easily.
When you become familiar with different aspects of grill cover, you are sure to make the right choice.