Who could imagine cycles going electric in the 21st century? We’re far ahead of times and have seen tremendous advancements in power and technology over the decade, be it diet capsules, solar power or electric cycles. Yes, you heard it right! We are talking about an electric bike. You must have come across people riding electric bicycles in the streets.
BikeSmarts.com are the best vehicles when you live in congested cities or overpopulated states. They save time on commuting as well as the cost. When it comes to electric bikes, they can be a lot more than just being bicycles!
This very new and advanced bicycle is also called a booster bike, power bike, or electric bike— a genuinely eco-friendly and greenery loveling vehicle! Besides being eco-friendly, they can travel up to 20 kilometres and more after being charged. Sounds intriguing already, right?
Let’s take a look at why should you invest your money in an electric bike:
- Good for health geeks: What form of exercise could be better than cycling some kilometres? As per health experts, cycling daily can prove beneficial in keeping you mentally and physically fit. It helps reduce weight as well since you continuously pedal along when cycling. The best part, you can choose a customised electric bike suiting your health goals and needs. So, happy pedalling!
- Speedy than the usual cycles: For some of you riding a regular bicycle can be a tiring business, especially when you run on various errands all day long. But when it comes to an e-bike, they are faster and far more flexible than regular cycles. You can use it to reach schools and colleges to save commuting time. In such regards, these e-bikes are booming since traffic is hefty on the streets these days.
- Affordable enough: Petrol and diesel prices are already on a hike, and in the coming years, they may even get higher owing to their exhaustion. Not all would be able to afford motorbikes by then since it would be challenging to maintain the expenses. When it comes to e-bikes, their batteries are affordable and can take your bike to 15-20 km once charged completely. Now doesn’t that seem to be a wise investment?
- Environment friendly: With alarm bells ringing all across the globe, and the high levels of pollution, bike dealers can be your best friends. Ice caps are already melting, and so is the temperature soaring high in summers owing to emissions from vehicles and factories. Even the governments all across the globe request people to use cycles for short distances. Since electric bikes do not use petrol or diesel, they possess the least blame for harming the environment.
- Represents the eco-friendly future: As discussed above, since vehicles running on petrol or diesel are hazardous to the environment, these cycles are certainly going to be the vehicles of tomorrow. With population spiking up, and the roads narrowing down, these sleek cycles will be found in every home.
- Travel anywhere: Another advantage of electric bikes is that you can ride on them smoothly on bumpy roads or terrains. They are smooth to ride, thereby making your journey enjoyable.
Now that you are aware of the various benefits of an e-bike, you must keep a few things in mind while buying them:
- Range of the battery: Batteries often degrade with passing years. Therefore it is always advisable to purchase a good quality bike. E-bikes with quality batteries can last for an extended period, without the need to charge very often.
- Go for a test ride: As one does while purchasing other vehicles, you must go for a test ride before purchasing your e-bike. It will make you understand if you are comfortable with the smooth ride, how the grip is, will you be able to ride it daily, etc.
- Look for the bike’s range: When we talk about range, aren’t just talking about the variety. Rather, we’re talking about how far the battery of the bike takes you after one full charge. Always be mindful of what you are picking up! If you need to travel far and to a distance, a range of 70 km or more will be useful while for a shorter distance, less than 70 will be needed.
- Pedelec or non-pedelec? : Electric bikes are of two types- Pedelec or non-pedelec. Pedelec bikes are most frequently spotted across the streets. These bikes monitor your pedalling and add the amount of automation required on their own; This makes your ride more comfortable and effortless.
- How cost-effective are they? : Last but not least, check out the price range before visiting a shop. There are bikes that can be way too costlier as per their features. Always remember that high-quality bikes can be expensive and can equal the cost of motorbikes at times!
You can find these electric bikes not just in automobile stores but also in online shops. If you are willing to shop online, do take a glance at the reputed online sites. The extensive range of electric bikes available at online site will give you abundant options to choose from while bringing home a high-quality ride.