Cloud computing has become a real buzzword these days. It has made organisational operations more manageable and accessible. Everyone, from children to professionals and experts, is using cloud services broadly. Therefore, for individuals looking for their careers in the IT domain, AWS certification will undoubtedly help get better and high paid jobs.
AWS stands for Amazon Web Services, one of the popularly known platforms for offering cloud services. Several companies have sought a certified AWS professional, as they are driving their business practising cloud services and keeping cloud security in mind. AWS certifications validate individuals for the skills and capabilities required to handle the organisation’s operations using the cloud platform.
Amazon offers twelve different certifications clubbed into three groups – Foundation, Associate-level, and Professional-level. Fresher candidates may get confused about choosing the appropriate AWS certification course for them.
Both AWS Architect and AWS Developer certifications, fall under associate and professional level courses. For fresher, associate-level certifications are the most beneficial options. The accreditation, AWS Architect, is named AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate and AWS Developer as AWS Certified Developer – Associate.
AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner certification is the better choice for freshers. Pursuing this certification does not require any working experience. It would be better if individuals possess six months of experience in handling the cloud platform. Aspirants should have an in-depth understanding of AWS Cloud and some specific technical roles necessary for other certifications.
AWS Solutions Architect Certification
AWS Architect certification is an excellent choice for IT professionals possessing one or more years of on-the-job experience in developing fault-tolerant, reliable, cost-efficient, and scalable systems on the AWS platform. Moreover, this certification also requires:
- On-the-job experience in using AWS services, like networking, database, and storage and expertise in managing and deploying AWS services.
- An in-depth understanding of best practices necessary for developing scalable and secure applications on AWS.
- Knowledge of AWS global infrastructure and AWS security features and tools.
- Experience of identifying AWS services meeting the specified technical requirements.
Individuals need to appear for the SAA-C02 examination to earn this certification. This exam validates the skills of individuals who can:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of designing and deploying scalable and robust applications on the AWS platform.
- Use architecture principles and provide a robust solution depending upon the client’s demands.
- Guide an organisation’s project using the best practices.
The SAA-C02 examination consists of multiple-choice or multiple answer type questions with a duration of 130 minutes. You can prefer either a testing centre mode or online proctored examination mode. This examination is available in English, Korean, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese languages. You need to pay 150 USD to appear for the exam.
AWS Certified Developer – Associate
IT candidates with one or more years of experience developing and maintaining AWS applications are intended to pursue AWS Cloud Developer certification. Further, candidates must possess:
- Understanding of AWS architecture best practices and AWS core services.
- Knowledge of one or more high-level coding languages.
- Understanding how to use containers in the development process, interact with AWS services, apply a basic understanding of cloud applications for writing code, and identify AWS services’ critical characteristics.
To earn the AWS Developer certification, one must appear in the respective examination. This test ensures that individuals can –
- Understand how to use AWS core services and AWS architecture best practices.
- Demonstrate skills in designing, deploying, debugging cloud-based applications employing AWS.
The examination for AWS Developer has the same format as that of AWS architect. It consists of multiple-choice and multiple-answer type questions, and duration is 130 minutes. Individuals can take the examination at the testing centre or home via online proctored mode. The examination fee is 150 USD and is available in Korean, English, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese languages.
You now might have understood the difference between AWS Architect and AWS Developer clearly. Individuals can opt for AWS certification training from Koenig Solutions. Hence, you can pick either one out of two that best fits you and your experience. AWS Developer requires in-depth practical knowledge. Therefore, it would be better if a fresher chooses the AWS Certified Solution Architect -Associate certification.
For AWS training and certification, Koenig Solutions is one of the best online training platforms. It offers training for several AWS certifications, like Cloud Practitioner, Solutions Architect, AWS Developer, AWS Data Analytics, AWS DevOps Cloud certification, etc.
Also Read: – How significant or useful is the AWS certification?