At an unprecedented rate and scope, the globe continues to endure quick, dramatic changes. COVID-19 is an excellent illustration of this. When COVID-19 struck, many businesses realized they needed to improve their organizational resilience.
Operational risk management capabilities are improved in tandem with a strong focus on business continuity, and organizational resilience takes root inside an institution.
Businesses and industries must guarantee that their organizations have the power, flexibility, and long-term planning capabilities to provide business continuity and real-time insight into essential ongoing business activities. Personnel accountability is also included.
For years, corporate operations have been plagued by insecurity and uncertainty, but nowhere has this been more obvious than when COVID-19 was proclaimed a worldwide pandemic. This highlighted the flaws in many organizations: global network failures increased by 63 percent in March 2020 and stayed high for the first half of the year.
Meanwhile, in late 2019 and early 2020, ransomware assaults hit over 30 big organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies, and attackers breached thousands of government and government contractor networks in a sophisticated cyber campaign. SolarWinds’ Orion software and thousands of government sites were hacked. A variety of critical events now have the potential to influence business continuity negatively.
Because of this amount of unpredictability, businesses must recognize that critical event communications can no longer be handled manually, in silos, or as an afterthought. This can jeopardize real-time organizational insights while also compromising all stakeholders’ work and, potentially, lives.
What are Critical Event Management Solutions?
With more businesses being touched by critical events, many have turned to early warning systems and communication management technologies to help mitigate the event’s impact on business continuity.
Because these events can cost millions of dollars per day and employee satisfaction, productivity, and organizational reputation, organizations must have the right solutions in place to ensure resilience and sustainability.
How do you handle critical situations?
- How do you immediately communicate with your employees, contractors, visitors, and students if an issue occurs?
- Can you automatically communicate and organize a reaction and short-term solutions in a system failure to minimize downtime?
- How can you get input from your employees as they respond to a critical event so that you have a complete picture?
- What risks can you expect, and how can you stay on top of shifting threat levels from weather and natural disasters, cyberattacks, and local government warnings?
Tools used to reduce the impact of critical events on company continuity must allow for quick communication, including communicating pertinent information with workers, suppliers, and business partners. Solutions must ensure message consistency while also assisting the business in reducing the time it takes to communicate with each impacted group.
Furthermore, critical event management is primarily concerned with preparing, responding, and recovering from critical events. With recovery comes auditing, which is used to keep track of what was done and why to improve procedures and future outcomes.
How to choose the right Critical Event Management Solution?
As a result, companies trying to remain resilient in more unpredictable times should look for the following key aspects in their solutions:
- Platform solutions should be omnichannel, with the ability to enable cross-platform and geo-targeted message and warning dissemination. These platforms must be able to allow dependable data collection at the edge.
- Cloud provisioning is a critical component of the whole strategy. Cloud-based critical event management solutions operate outside of a company’s physical location, and cloud redundancies aid communication continuity during a crisis. Across many sectors, one may use cloud-based communication solutions to enhance resilience, sustainability, scalability, and business operations.
- Security must be ubiquitous from the core to the tactical edge, covering mobile, network, numerous endpoints, and integrated applications.
- Implementations that are frictionless are also essential. The processing of vital information linked to logistics management, especially real-time information to impact reaction and comprehend risk levels, is also significant in critical event communication.
- Notifications to employees are an essential element of the endeavor. Both within and outside the office, workers and business partners must be kept up to date on current events and company choices.
With today’s inherent pandemic-based unpredictability, safely sharing information inside and between companies has never been more vital. This lowers costs, improves operational resiliency, and protects people.
What does the best Critical Event Management solution provide you with?
A critical event management platform aids companies in keeping their people and assets safe by providing executives with the information they need to monitor and respond to critical events in complex operational settings.
Organizations may use critical event management (CEM) systems to plan for, respond to, and recover from disruptive occurrences.
- Prepare for a situational reaction by planning communications and procedures.
- Anyone, everywhere, on any device, can be notified.
- Obtain situational awareness by capturing essential data.
- Get real-time visibility into operations and employees.
- Cross-departmental collaboration and coordination.
It builds on a long history of reliable communication to preserve businesses, property, and people in even the most challenging and unforeseen situations.
The need for robust and long-term critical event management skills becomes more apparent as the world becomes more unstable and uncertain. As businesses accelerate their digital transformation and reinvention efforts, they will need next-generation communication solutions that are smarter, quicker, more complete, and more effective. Try Zapoj CEM Today!