Quickbooks error 6000 series is critical error series. These errors are generally related to the errors with your QuickBooks company file. And hence, they need to be resolved as soon as possible or they can be harmful to your system. One of the common error codes from this series is 6000 83. Quickbooks error 6000 83 is encountered while opening or updating a QuickBooks file in multi-user mode. In case you have also stumbled upon QuickBooks error 6000 83, this comprehensive guide is for you. Read to know how to get rid of the QuickBooks error 83.
Actual Reasons of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
This error can occur because of multiple reasons. Below we have mentioned all possible reasons for which the error can occur.
- QuickBooks files are missing from your system.
- The network server may not have enough permissions than the required permissions.
- You may not be using the system as an administrator
- XXX does not have the required permissions.
- QuickBooks-related files are blocked by the firewall installed on the system.
- The company file data may be damaged.
- You have enabled QuickBooks hosting mode in more than one system.
- You are not using Windows Canadian or Us version.
Traits of QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83
When your system encounters QuickBooks error 6000 83, you will notice some changes in your system. It makes it easier for you to identify the error. Below we have mentioned all the traits of QuickBooks error.
- The error prompt will appear on the screen and crashes the currently active window.
- Error prompt may appear on the screen again and again.
- QuickBooks application freezes after every interval of time.
- Windows respond to inputs very slowly.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 6000 83 with these Quick Methods
Hopefully, now you know almost everything about the QuickBooks error 6000 83. You will now have to proceed with resolving the issues. Below we have mentioned listed some quick fixes to resolve the error without any technical help.
Method 1: Use File Doctor Tool
You can download the QuickBooks file Doctor tool on your system directly from the website and then use it to get rid of the issues that you are facing. Other than this, you can also download the QuickBooks tool hub and use the doctor tool through that. Below we have listed the steps to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool through the tool hub.
- For this, visit the official QuickBooks website and then download the QuickBooks tool hub.
- You will then have to start the installation process by clicking on the downloaded file.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and then complete the installation process according to the instructions appearing on the screen.
- You will now have to click on the tool hub icon and open the tool window
- In the tool window, click on the option to run QuickBooks file doctor.
- When done, you will have to wait approximately 20 minutes to load the tool and also, complete the scan.
- On completion, close the tool window and then start QuickBooks again.
Method 2: Verify Backup File Name
Most of the QuickBooks errors like QuickBooks error series 6000, H202, Quickbooks error 1722 may occur because of the wrong QuickBooks file name. You need to make sure that there are no signs, special characters present in the name of your file. Follow the steps mentioned below to verify the name.
- First, go to the windows start menu and then search for File Explorer.
- When file explorer will open your system, find the folder in which you have stored the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, look for the file having a qbb extension.
- Right-click on the file and from the menu, choose rename option.
- Now, check if there is any special character or sign present in the name of the file. If there is, you need to remove it from the name.
- You will have to right-click on the folder of the company file and remove the special characters from the name of the folder also.
- When done, save all the changes and then start QuickBooks.
Method 3: Turn Off QuickBooks Hosting on All Workstations
Another method that you can use to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 6000 83 is to make sure that QuickBooks hosting is enabled only on the server system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you will have to start QuickBooks on anyone’s workstation.
- Go to the File menu and then choose the utility option
- Go to turn on the multi-user access mode option. If you find this option, do not click on it.
- But, if you see the option to turn off multi-user mode, you need to click on it.
- When done, repeat these steps for all the systems in the network to accept the server system.
Method 4: Terminating QuickBooks Processes
Now, if different Quickbooks processes are running on your system, end them all and then again start QuickBooks on the system. For this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To start with, log in to your system as an administrator.
- Next, you will have to open the task manager on the system.
- You will now have to go to the show processes option.
- In the processes option, you will see some QuickBooks processes running on the system. Choose each one by one and then end it.
- When done, start the QuickBooks application and turn on multi-user mode.
Quickbooks error 6000 83 is a critical error and needs immediate resolution. With all the methods described above, the error can be resolved easily. In case you continue to face the issue, you must reach out to the support team.