Imagine waking up to find that your water is leaking through the floor. It turns out, you have a broken sewer line and need to get it fixed as soon as possible. Sewer pipe relining is an excellent alternative to traditional pipe replacement because it preserves the integrity of the surrounding soil. Many experts like The Relining Company Australia provide this service. There are many benefits associated with this process so make sure to read on for more information before deciding which option will work best for you.
What Is Sewer Pipe Relining?
Sewer pipe relining is a process that uses epoxy lining to fix cracks and leaks in sewers. The line of epoxy fills the inside of the sewer, providing a watertight sealant from root intrusion or other damage caused by soil movement. The epoxy lining is generally a two-part resin that hardens when it cures. To reline the sewer, first crews dig out around the pipe and then remove any tree roots or soil from inside of the line before applying the epoxide. After cleaning up all dirt and debris from inside the trench, they’ll lay down plastic to protect against possible dirt, urine and wastewater spills.
Benefits Of Replacing Your Sewer Line:
- Reduced noise pollution, no need to worry about burst pipes and wasting money on costly repairs.
- Saves you time from having to dig up the whole yard or doing major landscaping as pipe is replaced in a shorter amount of time with less disruption.
- You’ll never have to worry about not having running water again because your pipes will always be leak free!
- Replacing your sewer pipe line will save you money on your water bill
- It will also reduce the chance of a burst sewage pipe, which can cause serious damage to your home and the environment
- Replacing a broken or damaged sewer line is much easier than repairing one
- The cost of replacing a damaged or broken sewer line with new pipes is less expensive than having to hire an emergency plumber in case it bursts
- You’ll enjoy cleaner water and better smelling air as well as improved drainage for your yard with a new pipe line!
- Replacing old pipes can actually increase the value of your property by reducing potential problems like these
- You may qualify for a government grant to help pay for replacing your sewer pipe line
- Sewer pipes should be made of PVC instead of cast iron because it is less likely to break in freezing temperatures
- Sewer pipe relining saves time and provides peace of mind because this process only takes about four hours to complete. Traditional replacement means taking out your old pipes and digging up all the soil around them before installing new ones in their place. The entire process can take weeks to finish or even months depending on what kind of landscaping needs work as well.
- It also protects your yard from major damage caused by digging; many homeowners have seen serious consequences after excavating for pipes, including pools filled with dirt along with rocks and other debris left in the yard.
- It reduces noise pollution because of less digging and relining is done with a flexible pipe that can easily bend around obstacles, so it won’t make as much sound when water runs through it.
- The process also ensures that your pipes will always be leak free, which means you’ll never have to worry about wasting money on costly repairs or getting stuck without running water due to burst pipes again. Also, you can prefer Soakaway Crates that include the Polypipe Polystorm, Polypipe Polystorm Lite that is good for your drainage system.