Home remodeling is 10% about fixing a few broken regions in your home and 90% about ensuring that your house stays in fashion. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Whether you are a budget-conscious homeowner who wants an aesthetic yet affordable remodel or someone who loves splurging on home remodels, finding the right remodeling idea can be challenging. This is why we have gathered you a list of the nine best home remodeling ideas that are sure to catch your guest’s attention the next time they come around.
- Lower living room: Lower living rooms are the hot stuff in home remodeling. Everyone in Edmond is getting one, and if you want to jump on the bandwagon, you are probably doing it right. Lowering your living room to make a sunken space for your sofas makes your living room appear more intimate, and it feels much larger than it is. If you don’t have ample space to work with, try lowering your living room, it will look and feel much bigger.
- Don’t disregard the area under the stairs: A most recent home remodeling trend in Edmond is to use the space under the stairs. If your house has a staircase, don’t leave the area under the stairs vacant. Use it to add some display shelves or a book rack. You can even make a workstation out of it. Occupying the area under the stairs looks amazing, and you can create a cozy corner for yourself.
- Use baseboard drawers: Most homeowners tend to leave spaces below the bed or under the cupboard untouched. But that’s just wasting precious storage space. If you want to maximize your existing space, make sure you include baseboard drawers under your cabinets. This will allow you to maximize your existing storage space and also make it easier to clean. This comes in handy if you have kids. Having extra storage nearby ensures that the clean-up doesn’t get out of hand.
- Look after the exterior: Most homeowners focus only on the interior during remodeling and completely forget the exterior. Remember, it is the exterior that your visitors will see first before they enter your house. Ensuring that the exterior of your home is well taken care of is the best way to impress any visitors entering your home for the first time. And the best part about it is that it doesn’t have to be a complete overhaul. Try and add something to your exterior during remodeling.
- Create more usable space: One way to get the best out of your home remodeling is to maximize your usable space. Optimize your remodeling designs to get the best usage possible. If you have a deck, try adding a bar rail for outdoor dining. You can also try building pull-out cabinets instead of adding in a typical built-in cabinet. This comes in handy if you are trying to limit your remodeling budget and want to get the best utility of something you already own.
- Add or upgrade the kitchen island: A kitchen island is the best remodeling idea you could go for. If you don’t have one, adding it is always a good idea. The kitchen island offers all-around advantages with extra storage options, more counter space, and an extra seating area. You can also build a minibar in your kitchen by adding racks above the counter to shelve wine glasses and store the wines below. Don’t forget to add in electrical outlets to make sure that your kitchen is fully functional.
- Choose your colors wisely: Choosing the right remodeling colors is essential, almost as important as maximizing storage space and adding functionality to your house. Different colors give off a different vibe, and you can mix two different colors to create something unique for your home. But since each color reacts differently based on lighting conditions, make sure that you know what each color looks like under the natural lighting of your house. Choosing the wrong colors can completely ruin your remodeling plans.
- Use open shelves: One of your favorite remodeling ideas is to use open shelves. Most homeowners around Edmond are into open shelves, and we are here for it. Open shelves add an entirely new dimension to your home, and you only need a couple to display all your antiques and precious memories. Some homeowners prefer to leave them completely open save for a few elements.
- Experiment with furniture: If you are looking for a complete overhaul, try experimenting with furniture shapes during your remodeling. You don’t always have to go for the traditional square and rectangle furniture. Have fun with your furniture shapes and try and figure out which truly fits your style. If you have trouble finding the perfect shape for your furniture, you can always ask your contractor.
Home remodeling is a lengthy and costly process. Make sure you work with remodeling contractors you trust. Try and plan out your budget early on in the process so you know what to get and what to avoid. Don’t take any remodeling decisions on the fly; it will only end up costing you more.