Everyone will recommend you file the compensation for your personal injuries. These lawsuits have a crucial role to play after you have met with an accident. This is because, if someone has caused serious injuries to you, you will need to pay for medical bills and surgeries. To do so, it is suggested to hire a personal injury lawyer in East Hartford CT who can handle your case after carefully assessing your case. The plaintiff should hold the negligent person accountable for the injuries that have resulted in the change in life depending on the severity.
How much can I get from my personal injury lawyer?
Many people ask how much money they can get after filing and successfully winning the case. However, there is no specific amount that you get. It depends on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of the injuries. The following can be received as a part of compensation:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Expected medical expenditure
- Loss of earnings due to disability
- Pain and suffering
An attorney collects the documents such as reports showing the above facts. Based on these documents, the court will decide the amount that you are likely to receive.
Types of personal injury cases
If you are planning to file a case for your personal injury claim, you should know in which category it is going to fall. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Motor vehicle cases- If any vehicle is involved in the accident such as a car, bicycle, truck, boat, and any other, it will come under motor vehicle case.
- Slip & fall/premise liability- If you have fallen or slipped on someone’s property due to broken facilities, you can file for compensation because it might have caused fracture or twists that made you unable to walk.
- Brain or spinal cord injuries- These are serious injuries that have caused disability in the victim of an accident. it may make someone permanently disabled and even mentally unstable. The person at-fault needs to be held accountable for these injuries.
- Wrongful death- If an accident has caused the death of someone, the family members can file for compensation.
- Birth injuries- These injuries can be devastating for the entire family along with the newborn. Mostly, these injuries are caused by mismanagement of childbirth because of the obstetrician and the staff.
Depending on your case, you can contact a personal injury lawyer and fight for justice.