Technology is constantly evolving and developing to make lives easier. Information on almost everything under the sun is now available at our fingertips with just a few clicks. Cloud computing is one such service that provides computing services on-demand.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is a pay-as-you-go system of any service that might be required, right from storage to usage of applications. With this facility, companies need not own their technology for computing functions. It can be rented from specific service providers.
Before cloud computing, a user who wants to run a particular program must connect to the central server. Over time, this became quite cumbersome as more and more people began using these services. Cloud computing solutions changed the game by allowing users to select only the services they want without any delay in speed or performance.
Many service providers now provide these computing services. Some top-rated cloud computing services are Amazon Web Services (AWS), IBM, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud, and Alibaba Cloud.
Types of Cloud Computing
Since each client requires different services, it is essential to identify which type of cloud service might be needed to best support the requirement. There are three types of Cloud Computing services:
- Public Cloud: The servers for a public cloud service are owned by a third-party service provider. This third party holds the hardware and software. It is not exclusive to the particular company only, and other companies can also use it.
- Private Cloud: The servers for a personal cloud service are used only for that company. It is exclusive, and its servers may or may not be located physically at the company, depending on the client’s choice. A private network maintains the hardware and the software.
- Hybrid Cloud: As the name suggests, a hybrid cloud allows both private and public cloud computing services. This means that the client has greater flexibility, better security, and more computing options.
Demand for Cloud Computing
Almost 90% of companies use cloud computing and its services in one form or the other. The gold standards for cloud computing services include Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure, which offer reliable, scalable, and cost-effective cloud computing services. Cloud computing experts are on the top of the food chain, earning one of the highest salaries due to this demand.
Uses of Cloud Computing
- Usage and creation of new applications and their services
- Hosting audio and video streaming
- Hosting websites and blogs
- Data analysis, pattern interpretation, and identification
- Storage of data and its recovery
How does certification in Cloud Computing help?
In recent times, there has been a steadily increasing demand for cloud computing services. This has emphasized quality. As an individual providing cloud computing services, the customers expect credibility. Having a cloud computing certification in the field of cloud computing offers this credibility. Here are some of the most important benefits of getting a certificate in cloud computing:
- Better performance in interviews: Thousands of applicants are now well versed with cloud computing as everyone is aware of its demand as a skill. But to be noticed among the pile of thousands, one needs to do something different. A certification course offers just the right kind of edge to stand out from the crowd. It also makes it easy for the candidate to answer and handle different situations much more efficiently, as covered in the course. Most certification courses require the completion of a project as a part of it.
- Higher pay scale: Although one has the required skill and practical knowledge, it would not serve well without technical learning. Cloud computing services are one of the top-paid industries. To reach the potential, a certification is a must. Someone with a certificate for cloud computing will be able to demand higher pay. They will also be able to handle situations systematically, which without proper training will take a lot more time and experience.
- Job stability: With continuous demand in this field, there is steady growth. With this growth, there is a constant need to stay at the top of the game. After a certification program, the confidence to take on projects of similar caliber increases, and this becomes indispensable for the company. A person with the certification has a better chance of holding his/her position for longer than one without the certification.
- Shows commitment in the field: Everyone wants an expert to handle things for them. Even the most minor jobs have specializations where great importance is given exclusively to what one chooses to be their niche. As a customer, one would love to have experts serve them. A certification course shows that one is keen on becoming an expert in the field of cloud computing. It also increases the chances of being a part of many projects. Even while hiring IT professionals, a certification course can go a long way in proving that the candidate is committed to learning as much as there is about the skill.
- Increased opportunities: Pretty much all those aspiring to land a job in the IT sector end up learning cloud computing. Despite having a high market, there are many offering the same set of skills. On certification, one receives additional skills, exposure to different scenarios, and an added edge for different projects. Most of the certification courses test our ability to work on various projects, building up our portfolio. There would be no shortage of opportunities when one is equipped with a certification course.
No doubt, there is a lot of scope for growth in the field of cloud computing. It is lucrative and in high demand. To rise to the demand and stay at the top of the game, a certification course in cloud computing plays a vital role. The course provides an opportunity to remain focussed and dedicated while learning the skill and knowledge from experts in a short duration. This ultimately plays a huge role in the prospects of professionals who are interested in this field.