An Overview Of Atrial Fibrillation
Normally the heart’s upper chambers(atria) beats in coordination with lower chambers(ventricles). When both the chambers beat out of coordination, it leads to irregular and rapid heartbeat, which results in poor blood flow. This is termed atrial fibrillation. It is the most common form of arrhythmia. Around 2.7 to 6.1 people in the US are suffering from atrial fibrillation.
Atrial fibrillation leads to shortness of breath, weakness, heart palpitations, and sometimes erection issues in men. A man may get erection issues within two to three years after getting diagnosed with heart diseases such as atrial fibrillation. More often, erection issues can be treated with pills like cenforce 200. After getting diagnosed with atrial fibrillation, there may be chances that a man faces trouble in achieving erections. In such a case, cenforce 200 can be effective. Cenforce 200 improves the blood supply to the penis, which then aids in having an erection. In addition, Cenforce 200 is a PDE5 inhibitor that works by relaxing the smooth muscles of the penis.
Treatment of atrial fibrillation depends on the symptoms of the patients. Apart from various scientific approaches, several natural treatment methods are also available to get your atrial fibrillation treated.
Natural Treatment Methods
Although natural treatments are not widely accepted, acupuncture and yoga are the two effective methods that can help in reducing the symptoms of atrial fibrillation naturally.
It is one of the traditional Chinese healing methods which may ease your atrial fibrillation by controlling your heartbeat. In acupuncture, small needles are placed over your body to release the energy which aids in the healing process. Acupuncture is a widely recognized form of TCM treatment offered in the Singapore TCM Clinic.
Yoga is a process that involves meditation, deep breathing and controlled body postures. According to a study, practising yoga for 1 hour at least thrice a week will help in improving the symptoms of atrial fibrillation. Though the exact way yoga helps reduce the symptoms of atrial fibrillation is still unknown, experts suggest that it can overcome stress and prevent inflammation that may damage your heart.
Some patients may take herbal supplements to boost their heart health. But if you have a problem with your erections and atrial fibrillation and are taking pills like cenforce 200 to treat the condition, consult your doctor before having any other medicine or supplements. Pills like cenforce 200 often show interactions with some medications that may lead to some side effects. For example, Cenforce 200 interacts with nitrates used to treat heart problems and cause lowering of blood pressure leading to dizziness and fatigue. So discuss with your doctor before mixing cenforce 200 with any other medications.
Some of the supplements known to reduce atrial fibrillation symptoms are:
Wenxin Keli– This is a Chinese herb known to reduce atrial fibrillation symptoms naturally. Some experts suggest that taking the herb will help in:
- overcoming the adverse effect of atrial fibrillation on the heart.
- maintaining the regular rhythm of heartbeat
- maintaining regular heart rhythm by working just like beta-blockers.
- reducing atrial fibrillation symptoms, such as palpitations, chest tenderness and problems sleeping.
However, there is no sufficient research done regarding the dose of wen xian Keli.
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)- This is another Chinese herb that helps treat atrial fibrillation in a natural way. Fusion Health is a great source of information on Traditional Chinese medicine. Experts claim the following things about TCM regarding the treatment of atrial fibrillation:
- It has been found that the person using TCM has a 1.93% reduced risk of stroke as compared to non-TCM users.
- Females below 65 years who are using TCM for treating atrial fibrillation experience greater benefits.
- Whereas people above 65 years don’t experience any improved risk of stroke after consuming TCM.
Other herbal supplements that were used for treating atrial fibrillation are:
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- Coenzyme Q10
Apart from natural treatments and herbal supplements, a healthy lifestyle will also help in overcoming atrial fibrillation. Consider the following lifestyle changes to get a hold on atrial fibrillation:
- Having a healthy diet rich in lots of veggies, fibrous fruits and whole grains.
- Exercising daily
- Managing high blood pressure and body cholesterol
- Avoiding heavy consumption of alcohol and caffeinated drinks and products
- Managing other health conditions that may lead to atrial fibrillation like high blood pressure, sleep apnea, thyroid disease, diabetes, and chronic lung disease.
- Have heart-healthy foods, especially those low in vitamin K, like bananas, carrots, asparagus, cauliflower, celery, corn, green beans, mushrooms, onions, peas, potatoes, pumpkin radish, red cabbage, tomatoes.
- Avoid the intake of processed food items and food rich in trans and unsaturated fats.
However, to reduce the risk of atrial fibrillation following things needs to be avoided:
Heavy Intake Of Alcohol
Heavy or moderate drinkers are 1.35 times more prone to atrial fibrillation than non-drinkers. For a man, 1 or 2 drinks of alcohol per day and for women 1 drink a day is advisable.
Consuming excess caffeine is not advisable for atrial fibrillation patients. On a daily basis, around 400mg of caffeine is considered safe for adults. Avoid the intake of caffeinated beverages and products to reduce the risk of atrial fibrillation.
Smokers are more prone to atrial fibrillation than non-smokers. Therefore, it is advisable to quit smoking to improve your heart health.
Certain cold and cough medicines like dextromethorphan or promethazine-codeine cough syrup. contains some stimulants of atrial fibrillation.
Dark fishes like salmon, swordfish, bluefish, mackerel, and sardines can increase your chances of getting atrial fibrillation.
Also, avoid the following products which may act as a stimulant of atrial fibrillation:
- Dark chocolate
- Energy drinks
- Certain over the counter medicines like weight loss supplements
According to research, people with atrial fibrillation are five times more susceptible to stroke than others who don’t have any history of heart disease.