Not a big admirer of insects and other creepy-crawlies? We aren’t either, especially at home. When you see a bug or two crawling across your floor, it’s likely that your first thought is, “How can I get rid of these bugs?” likewise, “How can I keep pests out of my home?” No need to stress out! Well the most obvious solution is hiring services of a reliable Pest Control Melbourne. We have advice on how to keep those undesirable house visitors out of your house!
Remove all sources of water and food
You can reduce the attraction of bugs to your home by removing sources of food and water. Here are some crucial Pest Control Melbourne pointers for preventing rodents and insects from entering your home:
- Keep crumbs off of your kitchen floors and counters. Keep food in airtight containers.
- Take out the trash from your home on a regular basis.
- Your recyclables, such as plastic bottles and food containers, should be cleaned.
- Try not to leave dishes in the sink.
- As quickly as you can, fix leaks and clean up spills.
- Never overnight leave pet food or water out.
If the water outside your home causes anything to start rotting, even poor water drainage there could draw bugs. Additionally, be sure to place any bird feeders far from your home because the food may draw in animals other than birds.
Seal off pest entryways
Keep bugs out of your house to prevent damage. We suggest following these routine maintenance guidelines and examinations to keep access points closed:
- Cracks around baseboards, cabinets, and windows should be caulked.
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors.
- Before bringing any boxes or parcels into your house, inspect them for insects.
- Observe window screens for damage.
- Only remove screens from your windows to clean the area surrounding them, then replace them.
- When not in use, close your garage door, especially at night.
Refrain from providing homes and hiding places
Make it a practise to spend a few extra minutes each day cleaning your house, which can include doing the following:
- Regularly sweep and vacuum the floors.
- Take out any cobwebs you find.
- Steer clear of leaving mounds of clothing because spiders love to make them their home.
- Clear up the clutter in your home.
- Avoid leaving dishes outside or in other rooms.
- Ensure that sections in the house you don’t frequent as often, such as the attic, basement, or crawl space, remain dry and ventilated.
- For the health of your home and the wellbeing of your pets, regularly check them for fleas and ticks and use a flea and tick prevention approach.
- If you use firewood inside your house, keep it out of the way, far from it, and off the ground.
- To keep insects and vermin out, store products in plastic containers or bags.
Organic Pest and Insect Repellents
You’ve probably already grabbed the pesticide if you’ve seen a few creatures creeping around your house, but try a few natural solutions for these common pests first before using chemicals that could hurt you, your pets, and the environment:
- Place cucumber peelings in areas of your home where ants are prone to invade.
- Plant mint and basil next to windows and doors to keep flies out of your home.
- Mosquitoes: You may be aware of the use of citronella, but catnip is also a potent natural mosquito repellent that rivals DEET in power.
- Spiders: To ward off spiders, mix vinegar and water in a spray bottle. If you wish to mask the smell, add orange peels. This method works since spiders detest the fragrance of citrus.
- Wasps: As a wasp repellent, plant mint, rosemary, thyme, and sage around your home.
- Rodents: To help keep mice away from your home, spritz peppermint or clove oil diluted with water around.
Use these bug protection strategies to keep pests outside, where they belong—away from your house. Insects and other pests should stay outside. If you ever experience an infestation, speak with a qualified Pest Control Services for assistance in resolving your mouse- or bug-related issues. Check out our Pest Control Sydney Services and see for yourself how reliable and effective our pest control team can be for you.