Gastritis is basically a condition that causes inflammation in the mucus wall in the lining of the stomach. It most commonly leads to problems associated with digestion. Gastritis during pregnancy is very common. It is important to understand the causes as well as symptoms before taking a look at the treatments available.
WHAT CAUSES GASTRITIS?
There are multiple causes because of which gastritis can occur in a woman bearing a child.
- Stress, tension, anxiety, and nervousness are usual to be found in soon-to-be But stress affects our body negatively by disrupting the whole metabolic system of the body.
- Intake of food with poor nutritional values, and irregular unbalanced meals can also lead to gastritis.
- There is no doubt that smoking is a very injurious habit that can cost one’s life. But as a small aspect, smoking can cause gastritis during pregnancy which can lead to severe complications.
- Drinking alcohol or such strong liquors can also be called a major cause of gastritis during pregnancy.
- When a pregnant woman’s body is contaminated by helicobacter pylori, it can also lead to gastritis.
- Consumption of refined oil, refined grains, emulsifiers, and preservatives can also cause gastritis during pregnancy.
COMMON SYMPTOMS TO KEEP A CHECK ON
A few prominent symptoms include constant, heartburn, weak digestion, continuous nausea and vomiting, a very weird burning sensation below the breast bone, lack of appetite, headache, lethargy, weakness, a bad breath, bitterness in the mouth, hiccups, dizziness, pain in the abdomen, bloating and belching, etc. An increased acidity and irregular motion with stool (diarrhea and constipation) and many other problems might also hamper the patient’s good health. A woman with gastritis during pregnancy faces these toxic health problems for the whole 9-month period.
Gastritis during pregnancy can also lead to fatal outputs. It does not just affect the health of the woman bearing the child but also the child to be born. Serious gastritis might even cause miscarriages. Besides, the pregnant woman might also become a patient of stomach ulcer due to gastritis. But all these toxicities can be avoided by effective treatment.
TREATMENTS AND MORE
- If the patient is affected by Helicobacter pylori, then antibiotics are usually preferred by the doctor.
- Consumption of antacids might also provide relief.
- Chewing cloves after meals can also protect from gastritis during pregnancy.
- Drinking an herbal tea with ginger and licorice might also prove to be effective in the treatment of gastritis during pregnancy.
- Another home remedy includes chewing fennel seeds after meals.
- Both carrot juice and spinach juice are regarded as extremely beneficial in the treatment of gastritis during pregnancy.
- Consumption of fruits and vegetables and avoiding alcohol, smoking, and caffeinated drinks might also save you the trouble of gastritis.
Different people have different symptoms during the disease. But a proper diagnosis, well-balanced diet, and perfect medication can provide you relief from all that extra drama during pregnancy.