All-On-4 dental treatment is one of the most promising dental interventions for individuals who require an entire row replacement. All-on-4 isn’t something new. However, due to a scarcity of proper knowledge dissemination, many people have several queries about the treatment requirements and process.
Therefore, we have prepared a detailed FAQ article to help you understand every aspect of the All-On-4 treatment.
However, before we start answering the queries, it is recommended that you consult an experienced dentist for best all on 4 dental implants.
What is the all-on-4 treatment?
All-on-4 is an implanted prosthesis (permanent solution) that replaces all of the missing teeth in a particular dental arch (upper, lower or both).
In this process, your dentist surgically positions at least 4 dental implants in your jawbone at prescribed angulations. Immediately after the implantation, your dentist attaches the replacement teeth ( a process known as immediate loading”).
The Dental implants are secured using screws, which can be “unscrewed” only by your dentist, if at all required in the future. Contact emergency dental services in case your implants become loose (in extremely rare cases).
What is the procedure for all-on-4 dental implantation?
After completing the pre-operative planning and examinations, the procedure is generally a “one-day” or “same-day” procedure.
- Before the day of your surgery, your dentist gets the prosthesis designed in a lab-based on your unique measurements and replicas of your mouth. Therefore, the prosthesis is ready before your surgical appointment.
- On the day of surgery, your dentist extracts any remaining natural teeth (both healthy and damaged), places the dental implants precisely according to the pre-planned positions, and attaches the prosthesis. You’ll leave the dental clinic with an entirely new smile!
I don’t have enough jaw bone for dental implantation and have worn a temporary denture for several years. Can I still opt for All-On-4?
Tooth loss and using a temporary denture for extensive years can certainly lead to advanced atrophy of your jawbone. A condition where there is no adequate jawbone left for dental implants insertion.
At United Dental Clinic, the alternative All-On-4 solution is ideal for most difficult situations. With this procedure, your dentist doesn’t rely on your jawbone for supporting the implants.
Instead, your dentist might recommend planting longer implants into your cheekbone’s underside surface for gaining the required support for fixed replacement teeth, just like the traditional All-On-4.
Can I enjoy my favourite food items that I can’t with temporary dentures?
The aim of the All-On-4 implant is not just restoring the aesthetic beauty of your denture but also providing you with fully functional teeth.
With All-On-4, you can smile and eat with complete confidence. You’ll be able to bite, taste, and chew all types of food, including apples, candies, carrots, nuts, steak, crunchy bread, just as you would enjoy with natural teeth.
What is the lifetime for All-on-4 treatment?
The bridge inserted instantly after securing your implants is specifically engineered with high-quality and premium materials.
As a generic guideline, the bridge with last for approximately three to five years before requiring replacement. However, it depends on your care and dental hygiene. It is recommended that you don’t skip your dental appointments for the best all on 4 dental implants outcome.
The nature of the bite is unique in every individual. Sometimes the bite forces can be too intense for the physical tolerance of the acrylic material. In such cases, an upgrade to a stronger material, e.g. Zirconia, is generally required.
Don’t worry! You don’t need to go through the entire surgical process from scratch. Instead, your dental surgeon This does not mean that the entire treatment needs to be re-done. Only the top prosthesis that’s secured over your implants is replaced.
Your implants remain untouched (unless necessary- infection/damage). The cost to upgrade with the premium material is only a fraction of the original cost of the complete All-On-4 treatment.
Instead of acrylic, can I opt for a Zirconia bridge during the initial procedure?
Getting a Zirconia on the first go isn’t feasible. This is mainly due to three reasons:
- After implantation of the titanium screws, your jawbone needs to integrate with the metal through an osseointegration process. Since Zirconia has greater durability and high rigidity, it would transfer your bite impact and forces more readily through to the implants. Such excessive force might disrupt or adversely affect the integration process.
- The next reason is the designing and production of the Zirconia. It can take several weeks for the final product to be complete. Remaining without teeth for so long is never recommended ad can be uncomfortable for you.
- Finally, wearing acrylic bridges gives your dentist a favourable window to re-assess the aesthetics and function of the permanent denture once you are completely recovered and eating all types of foods. In case you require any changes, they can be incorporated into the Zirconia bridge. The original acrylic bridge will always function as a spare set in case required in the future.
All-on-4 treatment provided by United Dental Clinic is one of the best procedures to get a permanent denture even without adequate jaw bone. Connect with the best dentist and start the processing of getting healthy and beautiful teeth.