It is no secret that motorcyclists and bikers are more likely to suffer severe injuries in auto accidents. Unfortunately, a significant number of motorcycle accidents are reported in Georgia every year. Even smaller accidents can lead to devastating injuries, especially for motorcyclists who have limited protection compared to those seated in cars. If you sustained injuries in such an accident, you have to consider talking to a lawyer at the earliest. Victims often undermine the value of legal representation. Here are the top reasons to hire an Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer.
- Get a free review of your case. Immediately after an accident, you may have a lot to deal with – medical bills, lost wages, and other losses. If the crash happened because of the other driver’s fault or neglect, you could potentially claim compensation for the damages. Let an attorney review your motorcycle accident claim for free. Most law firms in Atlanta offer that option for victims.
- Know your claim. What is your claim worth? The answer depends on many factors, and an attorney can guide you on your rights and the expected settlement. Lawyers can help you determine the extent of your losses, including future treatment costs and income losses. With an attorney, you are unlikely to settle for less.
- Help with communication and negotiation with the insurance company. Insurance companies are known for their shady tactics. They would do anything to minimize settlements and have their ways of getting claimants to accept the initial offer. An attorney can communicate with the claims adjuster on your behalf and negotiate a settlement that’s acceptable and fair.
- Investigate the accident. You should also hire a lawyer to investigate the motorcycle accident. A skilled attorney knows what it takes to gather evidence, and as needed, they will also talk to field experts to get their opinion on fault, possible causes of the accident, and your injuries.
- File a lawsuit. Most motorcycle accident lawsuits in Atlanta are settled through out-of-court settlements. Get an attorney so that you don’t have to deal with the aftermath on your own. If the negotiations don’t lead to a suitable outcome, your lawyer can file a lawsuit in court to seek a higher settlement that would cover your losses.
Finally, there is peace in knowing that an attorney is handling your motorcycle accident claim. They can deal with the paperwork, investigation, and everything related to the crash.