The world of vaping is undeniably fascinating. At the same time, it can be mindboggling for those who are just getting started. There is so much to discover, but the good news is that it all becomes more apparent and simpler as you progress – so, read this article.
Most people take up vaping because it is considered a much less harmful alternative to smoking. Others vape just for the hell of it. Either way, being surrounded by a cloud of white smoke is cool, as they say. When it comes to the evolution of vaping hardware, it has progressed from simplistic electronic cigarettes to ego kits, closed mods, box mods – and God knows what. Safe to say, this evolution is to blame for the industry’s rapid growth.
While having variety makes the world go round, things are never easy for a newbie, especially when choosing a vaporizer. That’s okay because mentioned below is a simple and informative guide that will pave the path for your first-ever vape.
But before we dive into the “essence” of choosing a vape, let us first discuss the three essential types of vape devices:
- Box mod kits
If you’re feeling adventurous with the idea of vaping – despite being a newbie – the box mod kit is the way to go. However, we must issue a disclaimer. If you intend to inhale nicotine salt e-liquids, do not use this because it contains a high concentration of nicotine, which may be bad for your health. For this reason, it’s viable to explore credible options.
So, when you check out vape shops, ensure to inquire about this.
- Pod Mods
Pod mods are hailed as a significant invention in the vaping world. They provide a different vaping experience compared to the standard starter kit. These are particularly awesome because they provide you with an experience similar to smoking an actual cigarette. Besides, it’s useful for when you want to quit smoking. Furthermore, pod mods are affordable and more convenient to use.
- Vape pens
Lastly, there are vape pens. This device has a battery, tank, and a few safety features that will turn it off after a few seconds. Some vape pens can be charged via a USB port as well. The device is capable of handling both mouth-to-lung and direct-to-lung inhalation. Also, most vape pens can handle up to 12 mg of nicotine and have a power output of up to 80 watts.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Vape
Now that we’ve covered the types of vapes available, here’s what you need to consider when picking a particular device:
- The size
Vape devices come in various sizes and shapes, from small to large. Compared to the larger ones, the smaller vapes are thin and light. Because they are simpler to use, they are ideal for beginners. Mid-sized vapes, also known as vape pods, are slightly larger than small-sized vapes.
They also have a longer lifespan and generate more vapor. More experienced smokers typically use larger vapes, such as MODs. They are more vigorous than mid-sized and small models and produce significantly more smoke.
Vape hardware is similar to any other device you frequently use in that the moving parts will require changing at some point. In this case, one constituent that must be replaced regularly is the heating element (also known as the coil), which wears out over time. Beginners must choose a vape with an easy-to-use tank, and even if you need replacement coils, plenty of vape stores are available to do the needful. Furthermore, if you’re not sure which coil goes with which device, don’t be afraid to ask for help from someone who is an experienced vaper.
- Vapor production
The third important thing to consider is whether you want to produce as little vapor as possible or if you enjoy being in a lot of clouds. That is determined by the type of smoker you are. As a result, if you are a light smoker, you prefer a low vapor production. If you are an over-the-line kind of a smoker, on the other hand, you will most likely choose high vapor production. The amount of vapor produced is mainly determined by the atomizer’s resistance to battery output, the tank’s technology, and the type of e-liquid used. Other than that, the vapor production of an e-liquid is determined by the components used as its base.
- The battery
When it comes to the battery, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Battery life – If you consider yourself a light smoker, a battery with a medium lifespan could work for you. In contrast, if you are a heavy smoker or work a long day, you will require a longer-lasting battery.
- Battery design – There are two types of batteries: automatic and manual. To inhale the vape device, you must press a button on the manual batteries. As a result, they conserve battery life. Some people, however, prefer the comfort of automatic batteries.
- Charging options:Some vape devices can be charged using a USB cable connected to a computer. Some devices can be set using car chargers. So, pick your fighter.
- Battery warranty:Determine whether or not a warranty covers the battery. It is significant because you can replace it for free if something goes wrong with it.
- Safety and authenticity
When talking about safety, it’s crucial to consider the following aspects:
- Is the tank made of plastic? If so, you should avoid using acid flavors because they can deteriorate the tank.
- Does the battery have any safety features, such as auto shut-off in the event of a fault current? If it has, that’s fantastic. The greater the number of security mechanisms, the better.
- Where did the metal come from, and is it RoHS compliant? Metals that are RoHScertified do not contain lead. It is essential because of the hazard and because rust in your tank is undesirable.
Authenticity, on the other hand, is essential because it ensures safety. That is because clone vape devices do not come with a guarantee that they are genuine.
So, there you have it! Our ultimate guide to selecting the best vape. Hopefully, this information will come in handy when you’re at a vape shop attempting to buy your very first vape. Selecting a suitable vape device can be tricky, especially if you’re new to the concept. However, taking your time to do the necessary research will go a long way. Moreover, you can visit different sites that provide information regarding a vape brand’s quality and check out their products. It’ll also help you identify what device will work best for you.