Your home is a place where you feel safe and protected. The threat of home invasion is very unsettling. However, you can secure your home by taking some steps. The first step in keeping your home safe starts with adding extra door protection to your home. The first step in keeping your home safe starts with adding extra door protection to your home, by taking products from experts like Rootex Australia. Here are the 5 best door protection products and how to choose the right one.
In this guide, you’ll see the best door protection devices and how to choose the right one for your home.
- Buddybar Door Jammer – The door jammer from Buddybar is mean to protect the home, dorm and is also used while traveling to protect valuables. It is made of plastic which is designed to withstand over 2,500 pounds of force. The jammer is designed to work with 36 to 51 inches wide doors, and you can use it on tiles, carpet, wood, or concrete floors.
- Nightlock Door Lock Barricade – This barricade could be a perfect fit if you have swinging doors. The barricade is mounted using hardware that anchors to the floor and withstands enormous pressure from outside. Like the jammer mentioned above, this barricade can be installed on various surfaces like tile, marble, and concrete. You also get to choose between dark bronze, brushed nickel, or bright brass finishes.
- Defender Security Reinforcement Lock – You don’t need complicated-looking devices to secure your home. Sometimes, the simplest things do their job well. This deadbolt device is one of the simplest, effective, and easy install devices. Compatible with any sized swinging door, it is also tamper-free. Additionally, the lock requires very basic hardware for installation, making it a perfect choice for homeowners looking for an easy and quick way to secure their homes.
- Defender Security U 11126 Reinforcement Lock – With a tamper-resistant and spring load design, this lock is meant to withstand up to 800 pounds of forces. You can install the lock with three-inch screws, a screwdriver, and a drill. To make it less obvious to the thieves, you can also pick among four different colors to match your door.
- Prime-Line U 10539 Lock and Door Reinforcer – The lock and door reinforcer is made for wooden and metal doors to strengthen the weaker areas of the door. All you have to do is sliding the reinforcer into the door and mounting it with the available screws. It is also available in three different finishes to blend in your door and become less obvious to the thieves.
What things to consider while choosing a door protection device?
- Door Dimensions – Each door is different and while buying a device, make sure you measure the door’s thickness, height, and width to pick the best device for your door.
- Placement – Considering where you’ll place your door lock or door security bar is also vital. Before buying any product, keep in mind the type of floor you have and whether the door is hinged or swinging.
- Material of the device – Another crucial factor to consider while buying a door protection product is the material. It’s best to buy a metal device over plastic, which is not reliable under high pressure.