The quality of the mattresses and the quality of your sleep go hand in hand. People neglect mattress hygiene which disturbs their calm sleep and as a result invites many health disorders. Many people are unaware of the fact that mattresses house an incredible amount of filth, dust, and layers of undesirable contaminants on an everyday basis. Moreover, if there are pets in your household, then the mattress obviously will have layers of animal fur, dander, urine and other fluids. Not to mention how much the children also love to hop up and down on it in their play time.
Mattress stains are also an unwavering part of accidents related to mattresses. You cannot completely do away with them. However, if your mattresses have developed unwelcome and ugly stains there is more than one method to handle it. So having a little bit of patience and precaution can help. Read on to find out ways to handle mattress cleaning Canberra just like professional mattress cleaning companies!
Before you perform spot cleaning always remember to blot out majority of the liquid. Do not wipe or scrub it vigorously as you run the risk of spreading the stain deeper. Make use of a clean cloth and exercise precaution to not wet your mattress too much. Certain mattresses have faster absorption hence spot cleaning needs to be done fast so before it goes deeper into the fibres. It is always better to opt for mattress cleaning services Canberra for best results.
- Bed-wetting accidents
Discovered that your kid has wet his bed? Remove all the linens from the bed immediately. Dab the stain dry from the mattress as much as you can.
- Mix a cup with hydrogen peroxide, 3 tbsp of baking soda and a few drops of liquid washing detergent until all the ingredients dissolve.
- Pour this solution into a spray bottle, and sprinkle on the stain and let it remain on it for 1 hour.
- Again apply baking soda on the stain and vacuum the area after 8-10 hours. Repeat this process again if necessary and if any marks of stains still exist.
- Mix vinegar and water in equal proportions and spray it on the stained area. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, before blotting it out with a clean cloth.
- Rub baking soda on the stain to get rid of the odours left by vinegar or urine and then vacuum clean your mattress.
- Remove blood
Removing blood from mattress or any fabric is most complicated and a delicate job. Timing is the most important factor as you will need to clean blood as fast as possible. Always remember to use cold water not warm water because the latter will set the stain deep into the mattress.
- Blot the stain with hydrogen peroxide dipped in a clean cloth and in very small quantity until the stain goes away.
- Alternatively, you can also try lemon juice in the similar manner.
Apply a few drops of laundry detergent and then blot the stain from your mattress to remove the blood stains easily.
- Vomit stains
Strip the linen off the bed and place the sheets in the washing machine.
- Mix water and white vinegar in a spray bottle in equal parts.
- Spray this solution onto the stain and then dab it with a clean cloth. Repeat this process until the stain has completely disappeared.
- After a while scatter baking soda all over the stained area and vacuum it up in an hour. Air dry the mattresses thoroughly before using them.
- Freshly spilt wine
Scrub the stain with water or rub it with salt and that will help to remove the wine before it goes any deeper into the mattress.
- Seriously stubborn and old stains
Old and stubborn stains are impossible to remove at home. Don’t get your hands dirty on it as the damage can worsen if you try attempting the cleaning yourself. Consider hiring a mattress cleaning services Canberra. Once a stain has dried out, the chances of removing them with home-made products and techniques is difficult.
These are few ways to make your mattress smell fresh again
- Sprinkle baking soda uniformly on your mattress for an hour.
- Alternatively you can also place a clean sheet over the mattress after the sprinkling of baking soda on the mattress for a week before vacuuming it.
- You can also try-out essential oils that have sleep inducing properties. Chamomile, sandalwood, lavender are few essential oils that you can add a few drops of to your baking soda.
- Regularly air drying or sun drying your mattress is also useful. That will leave your mattress smelling fresh again as all odours and bacteria in it will die if you place it in sunlight for a while.
We are professional Mattress Cleaning Canberra agency. We have been providing professional mattress cleaning and various related services since decades. Our advanced cleaning techniques has made us one of the most preferred mattress cleaning