A website makes a business reach new heights. Today, with an increasing number of retail companies shifting to a digital medium, the need for a dynamic and scalable website has increased. For getting the same, choosing an appropriate development language is very important.
In past years, Python has gained immense popularity as a programming language.
With the rise in data analysis, machine learning, and web application development, many developers use Python for its dynamic and abundant libraries, probability, and easy-to-learn syntax. It is suitable for any startup to hire a web app development company to get a customized web solution.
Python has some fantastic benefits for web development. Let’s see how web development gets effortless with Python.
All About Web Development
In simple terms, web development is developing, creating, and maintaining websites. Typically, web solutions include both front-end and back-end, but users interact with the front-end. The back-end contains business logic and interacts with the data.
Advantages of Python for Web Development
- It is Easy to Learn: Python is a fantastic language for beginners. It relies on common expressions and whitespace, which allows developers to write significantly less code than other languages like C++ or Java. Not only that, it welcomes beginners as it’s comparatively more similar to the everyday language, so they can easily understand the code.
- Provides Rich Ecosystem and Libraries: Python provides a massive range of library tools and packages, allowing developers to access many pre-written codes, streamlining their application development time.
- Offers Fast Prototyping: Python takes comparatively less time to build projects in comparison to other programming languages. Here the ideas come to life faster, allowing developers to gain feedback and implement it quickly. The faster development time makes Python nearly fantastic for startups as they can hit the market sooner to gain a competitive edge.
- Has a Widespread Popularity: Python is a very famous programming language globally, with massive communities all over. The language is continuously updating with new features and libraries while providing excellent documentation and community support because of its popularity. Python offers excellent support for new developers as detailed data is available on the web to understand it conveniently.
Web Frameworks and Their Importance
It is a set of modules and packages made up of standardized and pre-written code that supports web application creation, making development more comfortable and faster, with the programs more reliable and scalable. Moreover, frameworks already have in-built components that set up the project, so developers have to do less work.
The Python web frameworks are only utilized for the server-side technology in the back-end, helping in URL routing, HTTP responses and requests, accessing databases, and web security. Though one may not be required to use a web framework, it will be good to use it to be very useful in developing complex applications in significantly less time.
Popular Frameworks of Python
Django and Flask are the two most essential frameworks of Python.
Django is a framework that offers a clean, pragmatic design, encourages rapid development, and is open source. The framework is fast, scalable, and secure. It backs enormous community support and exhaustive documentation.
It is highly flexible and some of the largest companies like Instagram, Pinterest, Spotify, etc.
Flask is a minimalistic web framework that is considered a microframework. It lacks a lot of functionalities offered by frameworks like Django.
Here, one can add extensions and libraries needed as codes without automatically being provided with by the framework.
Flask provides only the components one needs to build an application to have full flexibility and controls.
Flask is a powerful and prevalent web framework used by large companies like Linkedin, Netflix, and Uber.
Out of the two, choosing one can be a difficult task, but depending on your project’s nature, you can make the selection. Based on your skill set, if you have a quintessential experience, you can consider developing your program with Flask.
Whereas if you are someone with less development experience, it will be better to use a framework that provides more support like Django.
Moreover, you can achieve similar functionality with both, and it’s more important to start coding rather than assuming which framework is better for it?
Useful Libraries for Web Development
- Scrapy is a widely used library for data mining, scraping, automated testing, and more.
- Zappa is a great library for creating a serverless application on AWS Lambda.
- Requests allow you to send HTTP requests conveniently. It is used to communicate with an application, allowing it to get data or HTML pages, for example.
- Dash is another useful library, which helps in developing web applications that have to do with data visualization. Additionally, it offers features like graphs, charts, dashboards, and more.
Web development has become an unsaid necessary today. In the age of digitalization, having a dynamic website is very important. A robust web solution helps to uplift a company and elevate its sales. Globally, various developers are working to create great web applications. For getting a scalable website, it is important to choose a powerful programming language.
Python is the essential programming language for web development, as it provides numerous benefits. It is easy to learn, provides a rich ecosystem and libraries, offers fast prototyping, and has widespread popularity. Additionally, it offers the two most useful frameworks; Django and Flask.
The Frameworks have their own benefit as they make complex projects easier. As mentioned above, out of the two, choosing one can be a difficult task, but depending on the type of project, you can make the selection. On the basis of the level of your skill, if you have a quintessential experience, you can consider developing your program with Flask.
Also, it offers some fantastic libraries like Scapy, Zappa, Requests, and Dash. They are very helpful in making the complex development tasks easier and time to achieve the development goals. A reduced development time gives a business more time to promote its web solution.
Hire a company offering web app development services to get a customized web solution for your company.