If you are trying to establish yourself as an influencer on Instagram, the blue badge beside your name can really help you. This blue badge is the indication that your account is verified by the platform, meaning that both you and your content are unique and original. Instagram verification is very important for every trendsetter that wants to get collaborations on the platform so that he can start earning profit.
If you want to learn how to get verified on Instagram, you need to be prepared to invest a significant amount of time. Instagram’s requirements are very strict, and you might need to apply multiple times before you can actually do it.
In this article, you are going to learn how to get verified on Instagram and the best tips that you need to follow so that you succeed.
Who is Eligible for the Verification Badge?
There is no rule that limits Instagram verification. This means that any account can get verified on Instagram if it meets the platform’s criteria. However, Instagram is the social media platform that is the most difficult to verify your account. Namely, even if you have a verified account on Facebook and Twitter, you might still find it challenging to get verified on Instagram. Yet, it is not impossible, if you try to make your account as noteworthy as possible.
How to Get Verified on Instagram – Requirements
Before we explain to you in more detail the process for requesting Instagram verification, let’s take a look at the platform’s requirements. If you want to earn the blue badge of verification on Instagram, your account must be:
- Authentic: all the accounts eligible for verification must belong to a legal entity, which is a real person or a registered business.
- Unique: the verified accounts are all unique, meaning that every user or business can only have one official account. Even though you might own multiple accounts, only one of them can get verified on Instagram. The only exception to this rule is the language-specific accounts.
- Complete: your account must have a complete profile, in order to be eligible for verification. This practically means that you need to upload a profile picture, write a profile bio, and create at least one post. One specific rule you need to follow is to avoid any promotion of your other social media platforms on your profile bio.
- Notable: this is the most challenging element for all influencers as it means that the account must be well-known and noteworthy. These accounts are the ones that belong to celebrities, or ones with a huge number of followers.
The Instagram Verification Process in Simple Steps
Now that you are well aware of Instagram’s requirements for the verified accounts, it’s time to take a look at the process. The steps you need to follow to complete the process are:
- If you are using multiple accounts, log in to the one you wish to show the verification badge.
- Once you are on the account, go to your profile and tap the icon located at the top right part of the screen.
- From the available options, choose “Settings”, and then, “Account”.
- Then, you will see more options from which you must choose “Request Verification”.
- After tapping this option, you will find a form, where Instagram will ask you for your personal information. You will need to provide the platform with your real name, the name you are known as in the platform, and your category. Moreover, you must upload an image of your ID card. Make sure that the photo of your ID card must be of high-quality so that every information is legible.
- When you have written and uploaded everything needed, you tap the “Send” button to complete the process.
- Instagram will process your request in the upcoming weeks and will send you a notification with the answer.
How Long Does It Take to Get Verified on Instagram?
When you request Instagram verification, you must be patient. The answer might come in just a few days or a few weeks. When you send the request, several Instagram moderators are going to access your profile and check your posts. If they determine that your account meets the Instagram criteria we have explained above, then you will receive a positive answer. However, if the moderators find that you are not noteworthy, they will decline your request. In this case, you can apply again after 30 days.
How to Help your Account Get Verified
Nevertheless, there are still some things you can do to make this process easier for you. All of the tips below will boost your account so that you have a better chance of succeeding.
#1 Create Viral Posts
One way to become a noteworthy and well-known account is to create content that goes viral. This content doesn’t only limit to Instagram as you can also use your success on other platforms to get verified.
#2 Gather a Lot of Instagram Followers
In addition to viral posts, you must try to gather a huge number of followers. Instagram hasn’t set a specific follower count for verifying your account. However, many influencers believe that you must have at least 10,000 followers.
#3 Be Honest
One common mistake that many influencers do in their verification request is that they exaggerate their success. However, the Instagram moderators can easily find out the truth, thus rejecting the request.
#4 Improve your Posts’ Engagement
Another way to boost your account and bring more users to your profile is to create posts that get a lot of engagement. Therefore, make sure that the content you post gathers a lot of likes, comments, and shares.
#5 Try to Make Users Talk About You
The most difficult thing for getting the verified badge on Instagram is proving that you are notable. One way to achieve this is by making your account a hot topic for many users. For example, a successful hashtag challenge will bring you the result you want.
If you get verified on Instagram, you will enjoy many benefits. Make sure that you follow all of the above tips and processes to guarantee your success.