Every people in this world want to be in good shape. Some may start a balance diet plan along with exercise. But they become frustrated with the slow result.
Actually getting in shape is not a cup of tea. It’s a process, more or less it is a long process. If you are very fat or you have excess fat in a certain area then it’s difficult for you to get in a good shape quickly.
Today we’ll talk about how to shape your lower body. The lower body includes thigh to toe.
To understand the full article, I want you to learn about basic fat distribution first.
In women, it’s natural to have fat in the breast, buttock, and thigh. So, you should start exercise when you have more than natural fat in those areas.
Top 5 Exercise to Shape Lower Body
Some exercise benefits all the body parts, we call them compound exercise. On the other hand, some exercises focus on some particular areas, we call them isolation exercises.
In this article, we’ll talk about both compound exercise and isolation exercise.
It is a well-known compound exercise, still, it’s mainly focused on the lower body. You can do it without any extra weight, also you can do it by adding weight with a barbell.
The Benefits of Squat
- It strengthens your back muscles, glutes, calf muscles.
- Helps to remove cankles.
- Improves lower body mobility and flexibility.
- Improves the strength of bone and joints.
How to Do Squats
- Choose a foot stance that feels comfortable for you. It helps to point your toes slightly outwards, but keeping them parallel is also acceptable.
- If you’re unsure, start with your feet shoulder-width apart and need to point about 15 degrees outwards.
- strengthen your abs as if you were about to be punched.
- Take a deep breath, look forward and stand tall.
Lunges is a type of resistant exercise. It’s one of the most beneficial exercises for removing the fat of the lower leg.
It can be performed in several ways, degrees, and variations.
The Benefits of Lunges
- It increases the strength of the hamstring muscles, glutes, calves, and quadriceps
- Help to reduce the hip dips.
- Improves the flexibility of the pelvic joint.
- Improves the posture of the body.
How to Do Lunges
- Begin by standing tall.
- Take a step forward with one foot until your leg forms a 90-degree angle. Your one knee should be parallel to the ground, and your other knee should not extend past your toes.
- Return to the position where you started by lifting your front leg.
- Repeat 10 to 12 reps on one leg, or alternate legs until you’ve completed 10 to 12 reps per leg.
It’s also known as glute bridge. This is a powerful exercise. You probably know this exercise from some models on Instagram or from somewhere else.
Benefits of Bridge
- It helps to reduce extra fat in the glute area
- Strengthen the glutes, hamstring, calves.
- Helps to tone your legs
- It improves the strength and flexibility of the muscles of your back.
- It helps to reduce the fat of the waist area.
- It tightens the skin and helps to make you look younger.
How to Do Bridge
- Begin by lying flat on your back on the floor or yoga mat. Bend your legs and place your feet firmly on the mat, hip-width apart, with your spine in a neutral position.
- Allow your arms to lay on the mat by your sides. This is where you’ll begin.
- Press your heels into the mat, engage your glutes, and lift your pelvis off the floor until your body forms a single straight line from chin to the knee, resting on your shoulders.
- Back to the starting position by lowering your pelvis.
When you are quite comfortable doing squats, you can do squat jumps then. It’s a fantastic lower body exercise. It directly works on your calf muscles, buttocks, hamstring, and thighs.
Those who want to have a body like models, you should do this exercise.
Benefits of Squat Jumps
- Improves the strength of your buttock and thigh
- Tighten the skins
- Helps to reduce extra fat
- As it’s a high-intensity compound exercise. It improves your overall body mobility as well as different body systems.
How to Do Squat Jumps
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart and lowering into a squat position by bending your knees.
- Maintain a straight spine, a lifted chest, and knees behind the toes. To maintain balance, the arms are placed in front of the chest.
- Jump up straight and swing your arms overhead. Return to a squat position.
High Knee Toe Taps
To do this exercise you need a slightly high bench. You can also use stairs to do this. It’s an effective exercise for calves and thighs.
Benefits of High Knee Toe Taps
- It targets the lower body muscles; mainly quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, and calves.
- Improves body stability
- Improves mobility
- Strengthen the lower leg muscles
How to Do High Knee Toe Taps
- Place yourself in front of a 10 to 12-inch tall step, box, platform, or BOSU ball. Keep your arms at your sides.
- Lift your right foot and place the platform’s ball on it. Your foot may be angled rather than flat, depending on the tools you use. Your left foot, on the other hand, will remain flat on the ground. This is where you’ll begin.
- Lift your left foot off the ground and switch legs mid-air, with your left foot now touching the platform and your right foot on the ground.
- Arms can be kept at your sides or alternated with your legs as if you were running.
- Slowly repeat alternating toe taps until you are comfortable with the movement pattern and your technique is correct.
- Accelerate your pace and alternate between your left and right feet tapping the platform’s edge for the ideal amount of time, typically 30 to 60 secs.
Only exercise will not give you the desired result. Try to maintain a healthy lifestyle with a healthy food habit, sleep cycle, and behavior.