Do you know our body naturally produces hyaluronic acid serum? That’s surprising, isn’t it? Many would think it comes from plants or animals. Hyaluronic acid is a clear, soft, and sticky substance. You can find the most quantity of hyaluronic acid in the eyes, connective tissue, and skin. The key function of this substance is to retain water, which will keep your tissues moist and lubricated.
People take hyaluronic acid as a supplement. However, it is also a vital ingredient in injections, eye drops, injections, and topical serums.
Hyaluronic acid has a variety of uses. Many people take it as a supplement, but it’s also used in topical serums, and eye drops.
Hyaluronic acid: What is it exactly?
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in your connective tissues and skin. The substance is a polysaccharide (a class of carbohydrate) that lubricates and cushions your eyes, skin, hair, nerves, and joints.
It is an excellent substance for relieving dry skin, as it attaches itself to the water in the cells, making them plumper. Hyaluronic acid is a powerful moisturizer that draws moisture from the air to keep your skin moist.
Benefits of hyaluronic acid
Do not allow the term ”acid” in hyaluronic acid to turn you away from the product. It is actually a superstar in the beauty industry. The reason? It has this almost magical ability to moisturize skin. When your skin is moist, you prevent your skin from aging prematurely. You need hyaluronic acid to repair the moisture barrier of your skin.
Consider these benefits.
- Moisture retention. Hyaluronic acid helps in replenishing and holding cell moisture to hydrate your skin.
- Minimizes wrinkles. Dehydrated skin is one cause of wrinkles. When you replenish the moisture on your skin, you prevent wrinkles from appearing.
- Safe as a filler. It works as a natural filler that does not cause irritation. It can add volume to areas like cheeks and lips as hyaluronic acid hydrates and plumps your skin.
- Fast absorption. It is economical to use hyaluronic acid. Because the skin quickly absorbs it, you use less the product.
- Non-irritant. The product is gentle, and many people do not experience skin irritation when using it. Hyaluronic acid is safe to use on all skin types.
- Available over-the-counter. Hyaluronic acid products do not need a prescription and available in most drugstores and beauty shops.
- Hyaluronic acid regulates the balance of moisture on the skin. Aside from balancing the skin’s moisture, it also balances the amount of oil on your skin. When the skin is dehydrated, it becomes very oily. It is the skin’s way to correct the lack of moisture. Excessive oiliness of the skin leads to adult acne, which hyaluronic acid prevents by restoring the skin’s moisture balance.
- The product can speed up the healing of wounds on your skin. Because hyaluronic acid is present in skin and body tissues, it helps wounds to heal quickly. Hyaluronic acid supports the synthesis of different collagen, which also helps in repairing your skin.
Aside from hydrating your skin, hyaluronic acid repairs skin and improves its tone and texture. Hyaluronic acid evaporates, so maximize its effect by sealing it with emollients and other sealing ingredients.