ABOUT LASIK EYE SURGERY
“LASIK” is a type of eye surgery. LASIK means laser-in-situ keratomileusis. It is a very famous surgery that corrects vision in people. LASIK eye surgery corrects refractive errors. People who are farsighted, nearsighted, or who have astigmatism can refer to LASIK. The LASIK process is very safe. US-FDA-approved certificate for LASIK eye surgery. Will you need glasses after LASIK is important to know?
BASIC TYPES OF EYE ERRORS FOR LASIK SURGERY
- Myopia (Nearsightedness): You can see the things which are close to them. But distant things you can’t see properly.
- Hyperopia (Farsightedness): Here you can see the things which are far away clearly. The closer things are blurry.
- Astigmatism: This makes everything blurry to your eyes.
BEFORE LASIK SURGERY
- Your doctor will check your medical history.
- A doctor/eye surgeon will test your eyes.
- The eye surgeon will answer your questions.
- He will make sure that you are ready for the surgery.
- Doctor’s permission needs before you go for surgery.
YOU SHOULD NOT TAKE THE SURGERY IF YOU ARE
- Below 18 years of age.
- If you have health issues like Rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, lupus, etc.
- If you have taken some type of medication.
- Eye problems.
- Have thin corneas.
- Have eye conditions like glaucoma etc.
Not so necessary to use glasses after the LASIK surgery. Many eye specialists themselves undergo LASIK surgery. Even many other doctors try LASIK. LASIK is significantly developed. Everyone responds to LASIK surgery slightly differently.
- There are many places in India that use LASIK surgery.
- It is famous in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, etc
- In Delhi, they have the best LASIK surgery.
- In Delhi, LASIK surgery is not very expensive. The exact cost varies according to the complexity.
- There are many excellent and good eye specialists all over the world. In Delhi, the best eye specialists are there.
WILL YOU NEED GLASSES AFTER SURGERY?
- LASIK is a life-changing treatment. You don’t have to go back to a life that revolves around glasses or contact lenses.
- LASIK eye surgery is right for you.
- People who take LASIK surgery get a better vision. Some people need glasses for driving at night as they get older.
- Complications that result in loss of sight are less and rare. People who have mild nearsightedness tend to have more success with surgery.
- People who have a high degree of astigmatism, far or nearsightedness have less predictable results.
- You will not need distance glasses after surgery in the vast majority of cases.
- LASIK eye surgery has a good record. 97% of people are free from their glasses or contacts. 3% of the people in some cases it has mild variation from their zero targeted correction. People who are above 45 years of age who choose for distance vision correction may need reading glasses or spectacles.
You can use contact lenses or spectacles if the need arises after speaking with your doctor or eye surgeon.
LASIK is not a guaranteed lifetime fix for eyesight problems. It is a long-lasting vision correction option. You may experience vision correction that lasts a lifetime. If some patients with a vision that changes after LASIK can undergo a second LASIK again. The next step is to contact the practice that originally performed your procedure. This assures that your eye surgeon finds a second procedure necessary.
WHY YOU MIGHT NEED LASIK TWICE?
- LASIK is a long-lasting process that millions of people undergo.
- LASIK does not fix all vision errors. It involves reshaping the cornea and fixing refractive errors.
- After LASIK surgery, you may get cataracts or presbyopia. The vision changes because age occurs as early as 40.
- You may not realize that you can have cataracts or glaucoma.
- A second process will require if refractive errors are not correct. Most eye surgeons don’t perform a second LASIK process. They perform if it is 5-10 years after LASIK.
LASIK has a very high success rate. You can reduce your dependency on using glasses. For some LASIK patients, their vision problems are not due to LASIK. The eyes are changing with age and time. As cataracts develop, patients slowly lose their vision and clarity. The only solution is to have cataract surgery.
The eyes change with age and time is the development of presbyopia. Presbyopia occurs as the eyes lose their natural ability to concentrate. This is why people who are 40 and above years old use reading glasses to see more properly. Patients with cataracts, presbyopia will not help if they take LASIK twice. LASIK cannot help if vision problems are due to Presbyopia.
ADVANTAGES OF LASIK SURGERY
- Pain is very less.
- LASIK surgery takes very less time.
- Recovery is quick.
- Quick results.
- Improved vision.
- Long-lasting results.
SIDE EFFECTS OF LASIK SURGERY
You may feel discomfort in the first two or three days after LASIK surgery. Other side effects are rare and go away over time like:
- Dry eyes or increased tearing.
- Trouble driving at night and in reading.
- Large pupils
- Inflammation and infections affecting the eye
- Eye injuries
- Eyelid disorders
- Scratchy eyes
- Light sensitivity
- Small bruises on your eye.
LIMITATIONS OF LASIK EYE SURGERY
- You have to protect your eyes from the sun and its ultraviolet radiation.
- Restrict yourself from doing some exercises like swimming, playing certain games, etc. You cannot drive home after surgery.