All food business operators wishing to operate in India must comply with FSSAI Enforcement and obtain an operating license. As per the procedures set out in the applicable FSS Act, 2006, you will have to be licensed. Under the Ministry of Health, the FSSAI exists and is responsible for controlling and regulating the production, importation, sale, distribution, and processing of food. It aims to ensure food safety and quality. This guide addresses the
steps to enforcement and how you can be helped by a consultant to apply for your license.
FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) aspires to make a single reference point for all the matters concerning food protection and standards by moving from the multilevel, multi-departmental control to a single line of command.
To this effect, the act institutes an independent statutory authority provided by FSSAI registration, which stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, having headquartered in New Delhi.
Numerous steps have been contained in the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) act, 2006. But the primary and compulsory step that requires to be done by the businessman who dives into the food business as first they will have to register his/her food company beneath the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) act, 2006. With FSSAI, they will have to obtain the authorized license from the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India). It is the critical step that all the companies are obliged to pursue when diving into the food market or food-related business.
Several main pointers have to be fulfilled by the companies while registering. The pointers have been given below.
– Basic entity registration – particular food business operator has to be a registered entity possessing a separate VAT registration, PAN, and service tax registration.
– Food license is compulsory for the company or the start-up that is contemplating over entering into the food market to obtain a valid food license issued by the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India).
– Looking for the category of license – food license is specified to a particular location, and type of license requirements differ according to the nature of the activity and the location’s area.
– Paced up procedure – once your application has been submitted in the mentioned format along with buttressing documents, the license can be acquired within 15-20 days of the said submission.
– The stipulation of the license – issued food license is subjected to several stipulations. All the food business operators should ensure that the stipulations have been meted within the given period.
– Labelling prerequisites – license and logo have to be presented on the product package contrary to the background colour according to the labeling prerequisites.
Plan for Food Safety/Recall
This part of the process protects the following:
- Identifying FSSAI Requirements applicable
- Developing a Detailed Handbook on food safety
- Food Handling Processes Learning and thoroughly understanding.
- Project for Food Safety Management Systems Implementation (FSMS Plan)
Usually, the businesses start with a sole proprietor or an online partnership firm registration coupled with the FSSAI license to launch the business. This food license is precisely located and is also termed bound. It also has 14-digit registration numbers.
There are several steps and rules that all the companies pursue when diving into the food business. The steps for a food license are given below.
– Looking for eligibility.
– Application submission.
– Creating an application ID.
– Inspection of application.
– Issuance of license.
– Examining the premises.
A complete documentation process is made up of food processing, life sciences, and microbiology experts. Besides assisting with FSSAI registration, specific consultants may also help with other product lines, such as medical device registration, drug license and approval, etc. It cannot be effortless for even large corporations to deal with the registration and licensing process. To ensure a smooth operation, it is therefore recommended to get professional support.
The compliance steps contained in the FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) act is commendable. Because of the following steps, only humans can consume safe and healthy food to eat, which also helps them be safe from diseases. The FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) performs a magnificent role in ensuring that everyone abides by the rules and steps. It is the sole authority that regulates and governs that everyone is following the steps of the rule.