Implantation is an opportunity to restore functional and aesthetic qualities in case of loss of one or more teeth. There are a lot of misconceptions about dental implants, so we advise you to study the pros and cons of dental implantation, the technology for installing dental structures. Understanding the process and following the recommendations will speed up survival and increase the service life of implants. Also, when you are choosing dental implant first know about the dental implant cost London to get the best treatment in your budget.
- What are the features of the implantation procedure?
- What are the disadvantages of dental implants?
- What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Doctor’s conclusions
What are the features of the implantation procedure?
Dental implantation is a procedure for implanting special pins into the bone of the upper or lower jaw. An implant is a special alloy construction that replaces a tooth root. For the manufacture of the pin, titanium is most often used, since this material is durable, and survival without negative consequences occurs in 98% of cases.
DENTIST IN DNEPR
If you want to know the whole truth about dental implants, you need to study the indications and contraindications. First, let’s look at when you need to install dental implants:
- the absence of one element of the dentition in the good condition of the adjacent teeth – an implant or crown is installed;
- there are no several teeth – a dental bridge is fixed;
- loss of the last teeth – dental implants are installed, which serve as a support for the prosthesis;
- absence of all teeth (complete adentia) – implantation of several dental elements with subsequent fixation of the prosthesis;
- allergy to acrylates (one of the compounds in removable dentures) – implantation is the only alternative.
When you study the pros and cons of dental implants, the main drawback immediately catches your eye. The installation of implants has a lot of contraindications. Absolute contraindications include:
- anemia, hemophilia, hemangiomas and other blood diseases;
- congenital and acquired diseases of the central nervous system;
- malignant neoplasms;
- multiple sclerosis, ulcerative colitis, autoimmune thyroiditis and other diseases of the immune system;
- lupus erythematosus, pemphigus and other diseases of the oral mucosa;
- diabetes mellitus type 1.
We must not forget about the relative contraindications, which include bruxism, periodontitis, gingivitis, pathological types of bite, atrophy or bone defect. Temporary contraindications include pregnancy, drug addiction, acute illnesses, and stages of rehabilitation.
If there are absolute contraindications, you will have to find an alternative to dental implants. If there are relative or temporary contraindications, this procedure will not have to be abandoned: after the elimination of the disease, provided there are no other restrictions, the patient can be admitted to the operation.
What are the disadvantages of dental implants?
The installation of dental implants has many absolute, relative and temporary contraindications, which is the main disadvantage of this method. However, before making a decision, you need to consult a doctor, since dental diseases can always be cured, and then proceed with dental implantation.
The second major disadvantage is the cost. You will have to pay a little more for the procedure than for other types of prosthetics. The high price is due to the long service life, natural appearance, and lack of dietary restrictions.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
The process of installation and survival of dental implants requires the experience and knowledge of the doctor, the patient’s compliance with medical recommendations. For installation, you will need to get rid of dental diseases, have healthy gums, and also maintain the necessary areas of the oral cavity in good hygienic condition.
If there are no contraindications, especially absolute ones, and you are ready to take care of your oral cavity, then we advise you to study the advantages of dental implantation:
- Full recovery . Implantation allows you to restore both one and several teeth, up to the entire dentition.
- Long service life . On average, the basis of the structure serves 10-20 years.
- Safe installation. The technology of dental implantation eliminates the need to grind adjacent dental elements, that is, it is possible to avoid their loss.
- Attractive appearance. By color and shape, artificial teeth are almost impossible to distinguish from natural ones.
- There are no dietary restrictions. Designs are made of durable material, which allows you to chew even solid food without the risk of breaking artificial teeth.
- Quick survival. In 98%, the survival rate passes quickly and without negative consequences. Within a week after implantation, the patient ceases to feel artificial teeth as a foreign body.
- Prevention of bone atrophy. The use of titanium pins allows for a physiological load on the jaw. The optimal level of loading does not allow the bone to atrophy, which reduces the risk of losing adjacent healthy teeth.
The technology of dental implantation is already an advantage because it does not require the removal of the nerve, turning the main and injuring the surrounding adjacent dental elements. Manipulations are carried out under local anesthesia.
It takes 30-40 minutes to fix one tooth, added Dr. Ehsan Pourshirazi, a dentist in Phoenix, AZ with special training and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of problems with patients’ teeth, gums, lips, and jaw. As a Dentist, Ehsan Pourshirazi, DDS performs dental procedures focused on the prevention of oral diseases such as tooth decay and periodontal disease.
Dr. Ehsan Pourshirazi graduated from the University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry with his DDS in 2011. In 2014, he completed the California Implant Institute fellowship course and continued his training at Goethe University in Frankfurt Germany. For the last several years Dr. Pourshirazi has been using his extensive experience to teach and train other doctors in the most advanced techniques in Implant dentistry. He is the owner-operator of SmileOnImplants Dental Centers.
The high cost is fully justified by comfort, attractive appearance, and durability. With regular simple hygiene procedures, following the doctor’s recommendations, new healthy teeth will please for decades.