A second passport is a must in critical situations, and people who can afford it do so to add safety to their lives. The present-day world with numerous military conflicts that get out of nowhere is a place where you need to have an opportunity to quickly relocate, and that’s where second citizenship comes in useful. And while there are citizenship programs that require a lot of time (you can become a citizen by naturalization in Portugal or Serbia in about 10 years) or money (Malta), there exist some affordable options that will not take much time. Vanuatu is one of them: if everything goes as planned, you will get your new passport in a matter of 45 days!
Of course, such decisions are made after some preparation, and the first stage is obtaining as much information as you need. We would like to invite you to our portal internationalwealth.info/ where you will find a lot of articles on different citizenship-by-investment programs and choose the one that suits your needs, aims, and preferences. We also have experts who can help you with all administrative issues: you will get your passport without leaving your home! You can take advantage of an initial free session and discuss the situation with our specialist: if you are unsure which jurisdiction to choose, for instance, we will help you for free!
Vanuatu Citizenship: Advantages
Why get a Vanuatu passport? Let’s see which benefits can be important to you:
- A Vanuatu passport gives you the right to enter about one hundred countries without a visa or with an e-visa/visa-upon-arrival, including the UK, Ireland, and EU states.
- Vanuatu’s program offers favorable conditions for applicants with families: you will not have to pay an exorbitant amount to get 4 passports for your family (for yourself, your spouse, and two dependents, for example).
- Vanuatu is a low-tax jurisdiction, and you will be exempt from taxes on property, inheritance, or individual income. However, you will have to become a tax resident of the country to benefit, which means living there for at least 183 days a year.
- If you are not planning to become a tax resident of Vanuatu, you can live in any country as there are no requirements for living in Vanuatu for any period of time before or after you obtain the passport.
- The main applicants and the dependents included in the application receive the Vanuatu citizenship for life, and they will never lose it.
- Vanuatu’s authorities have introduced a quota system to make sure that the program is safe and nobody is going to abuse the country’s passports.
- This citizenship-by-investment program is one of the fastest ones in the world: you will hardly find any other offer of a passport obtained within less than two months!
- Vanuatu has a well-developed banking sector, and you will be able to take advantage of it to the full if you become the country’s citizen.
- If you want to start a business and operate in the Asia-Pacific region, Vanuatu will be a great starting point as it has a beneficial geographic location between Australia and New Zealand.
- And if you decide to move to the island, you will take advantage of a clean environment, a lot of high-quality organic food, and the energy independence of the country.
General requirements are simple:
- The main applicant has to be aged between 18 and 50
- The main applicant should possess assets that cost at least 500,000 US dollars, and half of these should be bank assets.
- You should deposit 25% of the required amount when you submit an application for Vanuatu citizenship, and the remaining amount can be paid afterward.
- Each person included in the application will have to submit a package of documents, including a certificate of non-conviction issued in the country where such a person lived in the past 12 months.
The main applicant can include the following persons in the application as dependents:
- The main applicant’s (spouse’s) own or adopted children aged from 18 to 25 who are financially dependent and study full-time.
- The main applicant’s parents or spouse aged more than 50 who are financially dependent on him/her.
Let’s look at some additional conditions that may be of importance to you:
- There are many citizenship-by-investment programs that are closed to Muslims, but not in this case: Vanuatu passports are available to Muslim applicants as well.
- If you are a family of Vanuatu economic citizens and you give birth to a child, he/she will be automatically granted citizenship of Vanuatu.
- A criminal record is not required for dependents under 12 years of age. All older persons included in the application are required to provide the document.
Vanuatu Citizenship: Amount to be Invested
You will have to invest the following amount in the country’s economy to obtain its citizenship:
- The main applicant who applies alone will have to pay 145,000 US dollars.
- A family of three (main applicant, spouse, and one dependent) will have to invest 165,000 dollars.
- A family of four (main applicant, spouse, and two dependents) will have to pay 175,000 US dollars.
This amount includes a donation to the state fund, all administrative fees, and remuneration of the immigration agent. You will additionally have to pay a symbolic amount for swearing allegiance to your new motherland.
A Licensed Immigration Agent
Individuals cannot apply directly to the local government: they will need the services of a licensed immigration agent to submit the documents for citizenship. Choosing such a professional is a responsible step as you will invest quite a large amount of money and you will need to receive an official document instead!
The specialists of our portal can connect you to a reliable partner company that has been supporting Vanuatu applicants for years. All you have to do is click on the above link and book a session with our experts to discuss all the details and make sure Vanuatu is the best choice in your situation (otherwise, we will propose other excellent options).
Invest in your safety wisely!