What is Bhulekh?
Bhulekh is a unique, one-of-a-kind online portal launched by the government of Madhya Pradesh. This online portal allows Madhya Pradesh residents to have quick and convenient access to all relevant data regarding land records, khasra (plot numbers), khatauni (arbitrary ledger), maps of various districts in the state, Record of Rights, and so forth. It serves as a one-stop destination for all Madhya Pradesh citizens to get their landholdings-related queries answered on website financesjungle.
Before the Madhya Pradesh government came up with this one-of-a-kind idea of MP Bhulekh, the state’s citizens were forced to make multiple visits to the state revenue office or other ancillary department offices to collect information regarding their own landholdings. These visits were long and harrowing to Madhya Pradesh’s citizens, and their plight propelled the MP government to launch this online service. The government has posted all its Bhulekh related information online in the public domain, free of charge and free to access. Citizens can access this data from the comfort of their homes or their nearest service centre if they require additional help with understanding the online modality.
Bhulekh Registration Process
- Visit the official MP Bhulekh website to begin the registration process.
- Once you have arrived at the MP Bhulekh homepage, click on the ‘public user’ option to proceed.
- Click on the link that says ‘register public user’ to access the registration form in a new window.
- Fill the registration form with all the details stipulated, such as your name, email address, home address, mobile phone number, etc.
- Finally, click on the ‘register’ button to complete your registration process.
How to use Bhulekh
Follow the comprehensive steps illustrated below to view land records or other such details on the MP Bhulekh online portal:
Firstly, visit the Bhulekh MP land records’ official website on http://landrecords.mp.gov.in/ in order to begin using the features on this online portal.
- A map of Madhya Pradesh, along with all of its districts, is displayed on your screen. Choose your corresponding district to proceed.
- To access the present data regarding your chosen district, click on the website link. To continue using the current website, click on the button which says ‘gov.in IN Website.’
- After proceeding to the next screen, you are asked to select your Zila and Tahsil to narrow down the scope of your search even further. Once you have made the appropriate selection, click on the ‘ok’ button to proceed.
- A list of all villages in your chosen area is displayed on the next screen. Select your village from this list. In case you do not find your village listed, kindly double-check the details you provided on the previous webpages.
- After you have selected all the relevant information, you shall be asked to authenticate yourself by entering the captcha code displayed on your screen. Please enter this code as you see it and then proceed.
- Next, choose what land-related information you are attempting to access from the drop-down menu on your screen. Select the correct option and then proceed.
- After completing all the steps mentioned above, the land-related information you seek shall appear on your screen. Additional information may sometimes be required in cases of certain sensitive information, however.
Primary Objective of Bhulekh:
- MP Bhulekh endeavours to create a computerized record of all land-related information in Madhya Pradesh such that all stakeholders, both citizens, and government officials, can find clarity and easy access to this information on short notice if required.
- Bhulekh is a compilation of all land record information, allowing citizens to garner a clear picture regarding their landholdings and other ancillary data.
This scheme aims to save time and cost on both the citizens seeking data and the government department offices expected to provide the data.
Salient Features of Bhulekh:
- “Bhulekh” literally translates to written information (‘lakh) regarding the land (‘bhu’).
- This scheme is known under multiple names in Madhya Pradesh, such as Farm Papers, Farm Map, Land Records, Land Details, Account, etc.
- Any citizen of Madhya Pradesh, who is interested in obtaining information regarding land records, Khasra Khatauni, an accurate land map of the land they own, etc., can quickly and conveniently access this information via the click of a few buttons on Bhulekh’s online portal.
- All the land records are now available to the citizens of Madhya Pradesh free of any charge of free since the government does not believe it is fair for citizens to be harassed when they are simply asking for details regarding land already own.
- Citizens can also print or download their land record information to securely keep a copy with themselves or present hard copy evidence of ownership, whichever the case may be.
- Many additional services are also provided on this portal. They include paying of revenue directly, wallet recharge, viewing schematic maps of each district, diversion intimation viewing, and so forth.
- Any additional help required with respect to this online portal can be availed at the following contact information: A phone number – 0751 2441200, Fax – 0751 2441202, email address – firstname.lastname@example.org, Toll-Free Switchboard number – 18002336763.
To Sum It Up
MP Bhulekh is truly a unique service started by the Madhya Pradesh government. It clearly displays the state government’s commitment to bettering its citizens’ lives by making use of the resources available to them. This scheme is also in tandem with the Digital India initiative since it shall help promote digital literacy among the people of Madhya Pradesh. It is important for all state governments to promote the use of digital resources since complete digitization is the next logical step in India’s development trajectory.
This scheme shall also reduce disputes between citizens and government department offices, thereby making the process of garnering land records and other data a simple, hassle-free, smoothly running operation for all the stakeholders involved. Indeed, it is a stroke of genius on the part of the Madhya Pradesh government.